***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

I agree with @GoldenRock and @ADMission18 in regards to the importance of the interview, and the analogy about reshuffling the deck is perfect (at least in our experience). I only say this because with the interviews my DC had that is exactly how we walked away feeling. Others may certainly have had different experience in the programs they interviewed with.

@SV2018 perhaps one of the most eye opening thing one could do in prepping for the interview is to use your phone and video record the student answering questions. When the student sees himself or herself afterwards they will be shocked on how much of their body language that they are inadvertently showing. Meaning their eyes are constantly wandering, they have shaking hands, their answers tend to ramble and they don’t stay on point etc. As far as questions, other than the usual “why do you want to be a doctor”, we found that it is generally specific to what the program looks for in their student and in the case of 2 of the programs my DC applied to, what was written in the supplement was reviewed and discussed at the interview in depth.

@njdesimom My son just received the fee request today. My best guess is that everyone that applies will be asked to pay the processing fee.

Drexel - Everyone who has the minimum requirements gets to pay the processing fee
For consideration to the BA/BS + MD Early Assurance Program, applicants must:

Submit the admission application and all required documents prior to November 1
Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident applying for freshman admission
Be on track to graduate from a high school in the United States
Rank in the top 10 percent of their graduating class (if applicable)
Have a minimum 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 weighted scale (subject to change)
Have a combined SAT score of at least 1420 on the new SAT or 1360 on the old SAT (for Critical Reading and Math sections) or a minimum ACT score of 31; submission of an SAT Subject Test is strongly recommended, preferably in the sciences, but all Subject Tests will be reviewed.

@moodybluepapaya & @bsmd1826 thank you

Does anybody know anything about the Bacc2md program at University of Toledo?

@BSMD3170 At least 2 years back when we reviewed SLU, we decided not to apply since it is truly not a BS/MD program. Early Admission Programs is not same as BS/MD program at least from our perspective.

@BSMD3170 The SLU Program is not a guaranteed program; it is a program in which students have easier access to Medical School faculty/staff/research, but they do not have a guaranteed seat in the Medical School. However, the students in the Program have the opportunity to interview with (and potentially secure a seat in the) Medical School in their sophomore year. As far as the statistics behind the rollover rate for students in this program, I was not able to find any credible information - but anecdotally, it seemed above national average (maybe about 50-60%).

I would recommend applying for this program right now and later weighing it with BSMD programs or traditional UG that you end up getting accepted to since that early interview might prove to be extremely valuable down the road.

Has anyone heard from UIC GPPA?

Has anybody heard back from Penn State? Do they offer admission as well as notify you for the program?

Admission to Penn State^

@TGBuckeye All the finalists for Penn State have been notified by email I think. They sent an interview invite and cc’d all the accepted applicants.

@soggysalad does that mean if we havent received interview invite so far from Penn state then we are out?

just wanted to remind everyone how competitive these programs so please please please don’t feel so discouraged because most of these programs have a lower acceptance rate than ivy leagues! we will ALL make our way to becoming a physician whether or not that means through a combined med program <3 (this being said good luck to all i have faith in all of you!)

@soggysalad how do you know that

@Empire007 Thank you for responding to my request. Also, for the fantastic idea to record and playback. Appreciate it.

So you are saying we are out then essentially? Dang :confused:

Anyone got updates from Montclair state university?

@ScholarGuy It’s not a very large and well-known program, or, at least it appears not to be from what I can gather from the website and previous forums. It seems everyone who applies to Temple Med does so through Temple undergrad.

I got an email from Rutgers saying I have been recommended to NJMS. This is after the phone interview. Anyone get the same email?

Hello! I was wondering where and how you got the info on VCU accepting less from the interview applicants? :slight_smile: @ADMission18