***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

is there anyone who has yet to hear back from rpi at all? like not even an email with the supplement nor a pre-supplement rejection?

They had about bunch of kids interviewing on Friday the 19th January. I heard they have o more in person interview dates

@ppst

Every year the number of guaranteed combined programs gets less and less.

Whether it be changing into early assurance (like Drexel), or erasing them altogether (USC), it seems like the number of true guaranteed programs have been decreasing quite a bit over the past couple years.

Combine that with the fact that more and more people are applying to these programs, it doesn’t paint a very bright picture for future applicants.

@greenpoison I believe that the number of residency spots have increased slightly.So rhose who truly want medicine will get in after a regular UG.

@moodybluepapaya There’s no interview specific for Brown PLME program. All Brown UG applicant has option to get alumni interview, and from what I heard it carries very little weight in the admission process.

@ecoearth I called U ROCH REMS and the said interview notifications will be sent at end of this month or beginning of next.

Those who applied to Brown PLME, did everyone get an acknowledgement from brown about the receipt of application? The only acknowledgement we got is from common app, nothing (not even an email) from brown directly.

@bluemonkey66 recently got RPI supplement

That’s what I heard @GreenPoison, like a gradual phasing out.

@cd2030 my friend’s daughter got portal and admissions counselor email from PLME. She applied mid December, I think. Give them until beginning of February, then call them.

@cd2030 I only got an email giving me access to my portal and an email from an alumni about interviews

@cd2030 @Metsfan7860 BU interview dates 1/19 (done last Friday) 1/25 and 2 other dates. They have invited total of 80 candidates and are done inviting. BU does not inform if you do not get invited for an interview. They send the rejections by end of March.

@bsmd1826 who have you heard this from? they said they’d invite for interview up until mid february

@bsmdstudent101 I was there on 1/19 for my DD’s interview. They mentioned they are inviting 80 this year. I cannot be 100% sure they are done inviting but sure did sound like they have already invited 80.

Any word from UConn SPIM?

@bsmd1826 Oh only 80? That’s somewhat surprising to me, as a friend of mine who is also very good academically, but only has a few medical experiences was also invited to interview with me the 25th.

Were you allowed to go through the program with your DD, besides the interviews? I wasn’t sure if parents were supposed to come the day of.

@Metsfan7860 Yes parents are allowed to sit in the information sessions. Of course parents shouldn’t be any where close to the interviews :slight_smile:

@bsmd1826 Haha, thanks for the info. So my dad won’t be all alone on Thursday. Any tips for the interview?

Anyone know when Northwestern, Case, BU, U of Toledo and Brown send out notifications for rejections/acceptances? I know BU has been discussed, but what about the others? Also, did anyone else apply for U of Cincinnati’s Connections program?

@RiverTyne my understanding is Northwestern invite go oue end of jan early feb and case western in feb

@Metsfan7860 Good luck with your interview. Stay confident, you already have great stats, the interview will go well.
@RiverTyne Nothwesterns and Case probably Jan end/early Feb. Brown does not do ion site interviews (only alumni interviews) and will send out acceptances/rejections engd of Mar/early Apr.