***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

If you are looking for a specific program information post in any thread, simply open the thread and go to the bottom and click the ‘search/lens’ icon’ and enter and will get all the posts. For example today @RiverTyne wants to know about Cincinnati. So go there and click Cincinnati and saw on 12/24 itself @JayShayy posted that got interview and @FinesseKing posted got rejection notification. So it is clear that both invited and rejected were notified. For some reason, if you have not got anything, reach out to the school.

called UConn admissions. Said invites for SPIM finalists go out in Mid Feb and UG admission decisions starts on March 1.

@bsmd1826 Thank you! Good luck to your daughter as well

Called BU, said the interview invites go up to end of Feb, and they do not consider BAMD applicant for Undergraduate admission

@cd2030 - Any idea about Penn State. Are they done with interview invites or still in progress?

@2018bsmd I think if we haven’t received an interview yet for Penn State, it’s probably over. Almost Jan 31st :confused:

@srk2017 You mentioned state and national medals in science may or may not be that helpful in BSMD admissions. There are many different kinds of competitions, I wonder how about some well-known ones such as ISEF, not just finalist, I mean, actual award winner like a 2nd place category grand price, which also entitles the winner an asteroid named after the winner.

Anyone have any information on TCNJ/NJMS? I’ve had my phone interview but haven’t heard back…

@sanu12 when was your TCNJ phone intervew?

HPME update email received by DS:

Dear HPME Applicant,

HPME application review is currently underway and we have begun sending out interview decisions. Decisions are sent out on a rolling basis from now through mid-February. You will be notified via email whether you are selected for an interview or not. If you have not yet received a decision, it merely means that your application is still being reviewed and is not a reflection of whether or not you will be offered an interview. We are unable to give status updates on individual applications.

HPME decisions are independent of review for general admission to Northwestern. If you are interested in attending Northwestern for regular undergraduate admission, even if not offered a spot in HPME, I would encourage you to contact the Undergraduate Admission Office via email at lmt@northwestern.edu to make them aware of this interest no later than February 15.

Additionally, HPME does not require a mid-year report. We will notify you if any additional information is needed to complete your HPME file or to make our decision.

Regards,

HPME Administration

@moodybluepapaya We got the same update from HPME. I suspect they are getting inundated with status update requests.

@sanu12 I had a phone interview with Rutgers and they told me that they recommended me to NJMS. I am now waiting for a response from NJMS.

@cd2030 Around the first week of December

@Rghanem Do you know if NJMS sends out interviews to all the affiliate schools at the same time or is it a different process for each one?

@RiverTyne I received an acceptance letter for the Bacc2MD program at U of Toledo

@Watermelon1000 Congratulations!

@moodybluepapaya Thanks!

Has anyone applied to the Howard bs/md program?

Any students or parents who applied Pitzer/Western BS/DO program on this year or previously. I Can`t find any information. Please share any admission experience or profiles. Thank you

does UIC gppa send rejection emails for interviews?

@samu12 My DS just got an email yesterday from TCNJ about his interview this Saturday. I didn’t know phone interviews started last month! I guess they won’t make a decision until all the kids are done with sit down interviews.