***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

@ScholarGuy Now, follow your point but don’t have much to share since we did not get interview for AMC or NJMS. So others have to chime in. But in general, Medicine School has some understanding / agreement with respect to how many students they will take from each feeder school. Though each feeder school can have their own program focus and criteria and get forwarded to medical school, they have their own selection criteria before finalizing the student. So happened the feeder school focus is so distinct in AMC, where RPI is research, Union is Leadership and Sienna is Service oriented. But NJMS feeder schools are not that explicit but they may have their own selection bias based on their criteria. But your key unanswered question is how to NJMS / AMC decide which feeder school, if a student does super good in the final interview.

R.E.M.'s is out!!

Got rejection from rems. So far have 3 rejections from the 8 programs we applied.

Daughter rejected for REMS , pre-interview.

DD got the rejection as well.

I got rejected from REMS. To be honest, I was expecting to be a finalist but oh well. I hope I get into the college

Rejection from REMS

Got the REMS interview!

It’s so weird how interview invites are done! Some of you got into some, and others into different ones. All of you are amazing candidates. As you’ve learned from previous threads, who knows what they’re looking for? You’ve worked hard earning the right to apply to these programs. Keep your heads held high. So many would be grateful for your stats and invites!!

@ScholarGuy NJMS leaves up to the student to choose which feeder school - TCNJ, NJIT, Rutgers-Newark, Drew etc are some of the popular choices.

@suecollege Call NJIT office to find out what happened to your application now?

@Tanzerina Ayyy Congrats! I didn’t make it. Unfortunate, but they’re missing out on having me.

Also, the next BU interview date is Friday February 2nd.

@Docparent The interview went great. They are private one-on-one interviews (two of them). My interviewers were very chill, and I had casual conversations with each for 15 minutes after the interviews.

@grtd2010, our application was forwarded to NJMS this week so we just have to wait and hope to get selected for an interview… it’s off NJITs hands.

DS got the interview invitation from REMS!

Thanks for the feedback for the BU interview

Got rejected from REMS. Surprised myself because I wasn’t that upset about it. You gain some, you lose some. Congrats to those who received the notification!

Congratulations to everyone who got REMS interview and good luck with interview. Please do let us know of the result.
We are glad to know that didn’t make the cut for REMS; in the sense that the wait is over and we can move on.

I got the interview invite for REMS! How many people are usually accepted? And how many usually attend? And is it an entire 3-day interview? And what’s the format like?

I think they explain it in the interview email with the itinerary. Congrats, @Katyperry145!!

Rejected from REMS
Good luck to everyone who has gotten an interview!