***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

The problem with me is I feel as tho I am a somewhat strong academic candidate, but my medical EC’s are minimal/mediocre. I can talk about my passion for medicine, but gotta get an interview to do that first lol.

@bluemonkey66 that’s a nice well-rounded profile. don’t downplay yourself

@bluemonkey66 yes thats a great profile!! congratulations again on getting the interview :slight_smile: and thank you for sharing

@ScholarGuy thank you!! i’m sure an interview is bound to come your way. i was rejected by A LOT of programs. i’m thinking a lot of the process comes to luck because a lot of the candidates are deserving and qualified. similar to you, my medical ec’s were veryyyyy minimal, but i somehow got an interview for drexel - so don’t worry about that too much!

best of luck to you!! i think it will all work out in the end! :slight_smile:

Agreed @ScholarGuy ! Any of you kiddos applying to these extremely competitive programs have a lot of drive and the qualifications to do so, whether it be weighted more heavily academically, ec, work, research and just plain old chutzpah!!

@bluemonkey66 You have a very strong profile. Respect! I wish you the very best in your interview at Drexel, and I hope that you get to follow your dreams. Best wishes.

ahh thank you all so much!!! you guys and gals are literally the definition of supportive!! i really appreciate it : )

Congrats!! @bluemonkey66 go kill it at your interview :slight_smile: sending you so much positive vibes!

Also not sure what’s going on with Northwestern since nobody here except one person has heard back from them

@bluemonkey66 You’ll do great at the interview! Just remember to let your natural enthusiasm shine through!

is there a link for bs md interview prep in CC? Maybe those on this thread who do have interviews can benefit from it…still no news from Drexel or NJMS for us. FYI.

I think @Roentgen has a lot of info. Thank you!!

Any news from University Of Huston (UH)?

Has anyone heard from DrexelDrexel interview today?

NJMS is taking so long

Any Drexel updates today?

Oh my goshhhh!! I just got the Drexel interview invite! I’m so excited as this is my #1!!!

Congratulations. @TheElusiveGod !!
Called Drexel SOM; they said they received more applications than ever before (#?). So, the notification process may last another 2-3 wks. Officially untethered from phone now.

Congratulations. @TheElusiveGod !!

@ppst Thank you!!