***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

@moodybluepapaya this forum participants are only a very small number of actual applicants, so it may be coincidence

Got Drexel OOS. Interview date is later than Feb 27 or 28

FYI

My DS received Drexel BA/BS + MD Early Assurance program interview invite via email yesterday (2/6)

Interview date is 2/28

We are OOS.

@HariVayu : "How many spots do they have for this program? "

Based on the history, 65 spots are available for Drexel BA/BS + MD Early Assurance program
(I “estimate” probably 130 students are invited for Drexel interview.
50% chance to get in Drexel BA/BS + MD Early Assurance program.)

GL

Got Drexel Interview OOS. good luck to everyone !!

@moodybluepapaya Thank you! GL to you, too!

Definitely seems as if that Wednesday deadline was true imo.

@xpd600090 : “My D got the interview at Temple for 2/16. Anyone knows what to expect that day? We haven’t gotten the full agenda yet.”

Your D should have received “Temple University Pre-Med Health Scholar Interview Day” email having

1. Interview Day Detail
  2. Scholar Cover Sheet 2018 (please fill it out and email back by February 13, 2018.)

GL

Seems like it except for what was told by the medical school @ScholarGuy !

Congratulations and GL to everyone who got Drexel interview

My Son got Drexel interview call today. It is set for Sat Mar 2nd. We are looking for some information on how the interview will be, and how to prepare,etc. Really appreciate if someone can give us some info about it.

Any word on the NjMS interview notifications? Have not heard from anyone on this forum about NjMs interview notifications in the last 3 weeks or so

to @bsmd18: My DD has not received an interview from Drexel but has one from AMC/RPI. As that’s the only one, to help put her best foot forward, we are considering using ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ for two mock interviews (Cost: $575). These are skype interviews - 30 min of interview with 30 min of feedback. Bit pricey, but we are all in at this point. Their link is https://www.■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■/direct-medical-school-advising/direct-medical-interview-preparation/

Good Luck.

@bsmd18 Did you receive a phone call?

University of Houston sent letters of invitation for interview. But they also want you to sign a form that wants you to accept a position at Honors Biomedical Science school. Is that a binding document? It would only make sense to go if you got the combined medical program but this document is concerning?

@vijikmc what is the exact verbage? Also, you ahould call them tomorrow and clarify this. I think, it would only be if you are accepted in the combined program, but it is safe to clarify.

@ivyhunter I also bought two mock interview sessions with medschoolcoach. It was a great decision. They really help you frame your answers and give good example answers. You should go for it!

He received the email.

Pitt GAP anyone?

HPME - anybody hear anything ?