***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

Has stony brook decisions come out yet? I received admission for UG but nothing related to their medical program

My friend has gotten UConn for those asking. She is interviewing this week.

@moodybluepapaya lol OOS. i have no chance.

When are NU HPME interviews notifications coming out ?

Still waiting for HPME , stony brook, and uconn - has anyone else received updates for them? Also when is Brown predicted to come out?

@bsmdstudent101
Brown comes out on ivy day alongside undergraduate admission

Is it safe to assume that no HPME invite by now means rejectionā€¦

@owcollegeappbsmd tx for sharing U Conn update. Is your friend IS for U Conn? We applied but we are OOS and know they only take 12-15 of which 75% are OOS (per their UG admissions).

@moodybluepapaya Congrats & GL on CWRU PPSP interview. They provide merit-based aid around 27-30k.

I am a new Parent on this forum.

My daughter has applied for BS/MD program and has gotten 5 interview REJECTIONS - UPitt, Case Western, UCinncinnati, REMS & GW.

Not heard from BU, HPME, PLME, Rice/Baylor, UConn, Hofstra and Stonybrook. OOS for these colleges.

From the forum, I understand BU invites/interviews are done; PLME alumni interviews are in progress; HPME invites are in progress; and UConn invites started last week.

What is the last date by which these universities need to communicate interview acceptance/rejections?

Iā€™m confused because I still havenā€™t heard anything from drexel about the early assurance program. Maybe I should call them :-/

@NoviceDad Some programs are nice and they do notify if a student is rejected for the BS/MD program but some do not do any notification. Once by March 31st you know for sure, if you are still in the game or not (since you have included R/B which goes all the way there and of course Brown which will be part of the regular UG IVY admission date which is also almost to the end of March or April 1st.

@ScholarGuy For Stony Brook, my son is also OOS. Only realized how little chance he has after the application was submitted.

@grtd2010 Thank you. He has received a 28k scholarship for UG at CWRU.

@nerdalert18 See my post #1678. Most likely, you will have to check the portal. They did not send a rejection email out to my son. If itā€™s not on the portal, then call on Monday. GL.

Question regarding Hofstra. Has everyone received notification of acceptance into the Honors program?

@moodybluepapaya , yes we have. Also full tuition to stony brook. However I donā€™t think we heard about honors/wise for stony brook yet. We are oos so looks like chances are slim.

For SUNY Stony Brook applicants: Per my understanding, the Stony Brookā€™s Scholars of Medicine (BS/MD program) process is as follows:

1. Need to get accepted into Stony Brook University.
  2. Need to be selected into one of their Honors Programs (WISE, University Scholars, or The Honors College).
  3. Applicants are notified if they they are recommended for an interview for the Stony Brookā€™s Scholars for Medicine by March 2018.
  4. Notifications for an on-campus Interview with the School of Medicine are sent few weeks thereafter.
  5. Final Decision made by April 1, 2018

Did the honors/scholars decisions come out for stony brook?

@grtd2010 actually I received a 33k scholarship for CW so I think that number may vary slightly

also, got an interview at Drexel!! SUPER excited