***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

@2018applicantmom the undergraduate officer I emailed said honors decisions are released in/by early march (for stony brook)

@moodybluepapaya For curiosity, is the 28K for every year, or only the first year, or spread out for all 4 years?

Does anyone know when an interview notification would’ve/will
come out for Hofstra?

Also, how low are peoples’ chances for Stony Brook scholars for medicine if you’re OOS?

Thank you @GoldenRock

@Shine27 she is OOS

@moodybluepapaya - My daughter received Hofstra Honors undergrad

@hopefull2k18 CWRC 33k is a pretty solid aid. Even if not BS/MD, review and keep it in your consideration just for UG also, especially if you are from CA. Because CA also will cost the same and it is much better for opportunity for pre-med than competing with million pre-meds in CA.

I talked to someone who used to be part of the admissions committee for the Stony Brook med program. He told me that they have no quota, so some years they have taken a bunch of students, but other years none.

My brother has a friend in the program currently. He went to Bronx Science in Brooklyn, NY, and was able to really focus on psychology, taking many different psych classes and doing psych research, while having great stats. I think his dedication to that one field and being able to show how he’s set on psychology got him in.

When I last talked to admission counselor at Hofstra, they mentioned that the interview invites will be sent by mid Feb.

@hooverhoo CWRU Merit-aid is per year as long as you satisfy the requirements.

A few uplifting quotes to start everyone’s week.

“I may not be there yet, but I’m closer than I was yesterday.”
― JosĂ© N. Harris, MI VIDA: A Story of Faith, Hope and Love

“A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because its trust is not on the branch but on its own wings.”
—Author Unknown

“Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.”
― Corrie ten Boom, Clippings from My Notebook

“When The Roots Are Deep There Is No Reason To Fear The Wind”
~African Proverb

Good Luck to everyone this week. We will all get there in the end, one way or another.

Did anyone got a NU HPME interview yet ?

Yeah, there were a few interview invites

Am a new parent in this forum; my dd had applied for Upitt GAP; have not heard anything regarding GAP interview for medicine. She got into the honors program: 15K/yr merit aid (oos). Any idea if all the interviews invites are done?

Anything from SIT, RPI or UCONN?

No news yet from HPME or Wash U at St Louis

Upitt GAP already released last week, You should be able check from the portal.

No news from HPME or Uconn

@GoldenRock Thank you for your input regarding my post #1671. We are thinking about taking her there.