***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

For those who are waiting for Hofstra interview, this week the invites should come out. This is the timeframe from last year. If they follow last year’s pattern, rejection notices are not sent. My DS had been accepted to the Honors college, and submitted the supplement, never received e-mail regarding interview/rejection.

Does anyone know when WASHU med scholar results would come? Does invite for an interview from WASHU mean that you are accepted to their undergraduate school?

This is from the post #3 of Wash U

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/washington-university-st-louis/2047753-wash-u-in-st-louis-scholarship-notification.html

“Last year, scholarship decisions were posted on the portal for all applicants the evening of March 1st. Some recipients got a call the night before.”

@bsmdseeker Thank you.

I am new to this forum. Wanted to share my D’s experience so far:

1. Received interview from Brooklyn College for the BA-MD program on Friday. Email specifies that 120 applicants were chosen for the interview. Interview date is Feb 23rd.
  2. Received interview from Sophie Davis on Friday. Interview date is Feb 14th.
  3. Finished an interview at TCNJ last week. Expecting that her application will be forwarded to UMDNJ.
  4. Waiting to hear from Hofstra. Hofstra website shows that the interviews are scheduled for March 2nd to 7th.
  5. No reject from Drexel yet but not very optimistic at this point.
  6. Rejected from AMC (both through Union & RPI) and Case

Good luck to all the students on this forum!

has anyone not gotten a Drexel interview decision yet? If we havent gotten it yet, do you think we should assume that we probably won’t get the interview?

@sp2k11 - congratulations for Brooklyn college ba-md and SD interviews. For SD is your VIP page got updated? or how did you get the interview communication.

Congrats on the interviews, @sp2k11!! Forget about the bumpyrejections in your DD’s bsmd, nay, college journey.

@tooksattoday1 , did you check portal near enrichments and scholarship tab. GL

@2018bsmd - She received an email on Friday afternoon and a letter in the mail today. There is no update on the SD VIP portal yet. Will post an update after the interview on Wednesday.

Good luck!

@sp2k11 - God Luck to your DD

So far I think I’ve only seen 1 ( possibly 2?) people that got HPME invites… maybe everyone else might just be lurking but that seems like a slow turnover process. I feel like they’re going to mass-send results to everyone within the next couple weeks. What do you guys think?

Thanks @April2018. My dd checked the portal and it only mentions about her acceptance to the honors college with 15K merit. Nothing about invites or rejection to GAP medicine at UPitt. Is there another place to check into other than the Upitt Passport? Something is amiss. She plans to call tomorrow.

@lolgucci - My daughter was rejected to GAP. There was no update on the portal as far as I can locate. It was just an email from the program.

@hopefull2k18. I am just as hopeful about HPME as you are.

Me too (about HPME)

@sp2k11 @tooksattoday1 Drexel rejections and interviews were posted on the portal a while back. Make sure to check the section just above Admission Status. Good Luck!

@lolgucci @CValle Pitt GAP rejections and interviews are not posted on Pitt Passport. They are posted directly on the Medicine GAP Website under the interviews tab.

I saw Drexel has changed yesterday my status as follow:
Thank you for your application. Your file is currently complete and under review. A decision has not yet been made on your application to Drexel University. If additional materials are required before an admission decision can be rendered, we will contact you.

Hofstra BS/MD interview invites are out

were Hofstra invites sent out via email?

Just got Hofstra Interview !!!