***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

Temple PPHS anyone? I’m really nervous for tomorrow’s interview!

@TheElusiveGod - You have 50% chances. No worries. GL

Anyone got Hofstra interview invites yesterday or today? Are they done? Can we assume interview invites are completed. Is there any where to check status?

Also any one got U Conn SPIM interview recently?

@2018bsmd Ah, but 50% acceptance is still 50% less than guaranteed admission! Thank you, though!

UConn has done with its interviews which are on Feb 12 and 14 . I think they called 40 out of 800 applicants 20 on each day and invites came on January 24th.

@2018bsmd @ven2020 so if you got denied from UCONN u just don’t hear back ?

Yes. Who didn’t hear from UConn means rejection .
Still they didn’t release undergrad results but sent SPIM interview invites.
They will release undergrad results - February last week
SPIM results - second week of March

My DD received her first acceptance . She submitted Rpi supplement and got the invite in 3 days and she just attended the interview last Friday 02/09 and got the acceptance today

CONGRATULATIONS!

I am pleased to tell you that you have been accepted into the Albany Medical College/Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Accelerated Physician-Scientist Program.

Acceptance correspondence from Albany Medical College and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute will be mailed to you.

We are looking forward to having you join the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and Albany Medical College communities.

Sincerely

That is awesome, @rbmed18 !!!

I knew status notification for AMC programs were to start at end of February, but your D must have knocked their socks off!!

@rbmed18 congrats…great program and good timing!

We have not heard from Hofstra or U Conn so assume those 2 are rejections. I think U Conn will send rejection for SPiM end of Feb.

@rbmed18 Congratulations to your DD and to the proud parents. Your DD acceptance is the first one for this cycle in this forum. Great start and hope more students get acceptance to BS/MD. Please don’t forget to post the stats and perspective down the road in the results thread to benefit future students. I am sure your DD should have stellar research accomplishments and knocked RPI and AMC committees. Enjoy the happy moments.

Congratulations to your DD @rbmed18. It must be a relief to have an acceptance in hand!

@rbmed18 Congrats! It’s a feeling of great relief.

@rbmed18 Congrats! RPI/AMC was the first interview and acceptance for my son last year. he ultimately chose to take traditional path.

@GoldenRock where is the result the result thread where stats are posted, thanks

Thanks everyone . Will post stats towards the end of the cycle

@rbmed18 Congrats and good luck to your daughter

@rbmed18 : Congrats to your daughter!!!

Does anyone have stats on colleges with Total, In-state, Out-Of-State acceptance rate? We are trying to come up with Reach and Target list (I guess there is no Safe list) and looking for some pointers that would help shortlist. Thanks!