***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

@calbsmdmom GPPA Illinois program for BS/MD is only for instate students. Being open forum, all posts happen. There are few programs which are only for in state. Also certain programs are really early assurance program and not BS/MD program which also gets lot of posts here.

@GoldenRock @Redman108 @calbsmdmom GPPA Medicine and Dentistry is for Illinois residents only, few out-of-state students are accepted as per FAQ at https://gppa.uic.edu/prospective-students/frequently-asked-questions/

Fellow BSMD’ers: Some news off on a tangent: While we wait for bsmd interview results, DS got a LL from Columbia!

@PPofEngrDr I got tripped when I first read that page. When I re-read I realized why I got tripped. Since it is tricky and need to read all pages in GPPA site.

GPPA is a generic program offered by the university. “GPPA stands for Guaranteed Professional Program Admissions.”
It is offered for various masters program in UIC like Education, Law, Engg, Business & Urban planning, Health Science etc.

“A limited number of out-of-state students are accepted; however, the programs in the Colleges of Medicine and Dentistry are limited to Illinois residents only”

It says in Health Science 2 specific programs (Dentistry and Medicine) are exclusively for Illinois resident. All other programs including Health Science, limited number of OOS students accepted.

@surupa2018 congrats!!!

@surupa2018 congrats! You are going to have tough decision making time by May!!!

@GoldenRock can’t agree more than that, even I ended up editing my comment after initial post. I guess nothing is straight in healthcare, be honest I have a true roller coaster ride experience with my younger C so far then engineering exp w/ elder C last year, ironically younger one has better credential on paper at least.

Thank you @bluemonkey66 & @hooverhoo. Feeling Blessed!

anyone interviewed at FAU?

has anyone not heard back from NW HPME yet?

Question about BU: does anyone know if we can call them and ask to be considered for undergraduate admission now? I think I read somewhere that because of their policy, you can let them know about your preference after interviews are finished.

I got an interview invite for Drexel. It says it’s an MMI formatted interview. When I researched what an MMI interview is, I found that it’s multiple short interviews some medical schools use in which they give scenarios to people and give them 2 minutes to prepare their answers. But others I’ve spoken to who have been through the Drexel interview in past years spoke about it being a traditional one on one interview. Does anybody know what the interview format for Drexel really is, or if it’s been changed?

@hopefull2k18 My 2 cents: If you were not interviewed, then you should call them now and let them know. If you were interviewed, then you should wait until after interview results are out. The experts on this forum may be able to guide better.

@hopefull2k18 From what the admissions director said to me applying to BU’s directmed is a one shot - he said if you apply and get rejected to the program then you’re also rejected from their undergrad automatically (go big or go home sort of thing) but it’s always best to call and see

@Watermelon1000 I’m wondering this too bc my drexel interview is coming fast. Does anyone have any insight?

Hello Experts, What is the difference between BSMD program and Early Assurance? I thought all programs require students to maintain min required GPA and score average/min MCAT score.

@Watermelon1000 , @hopefull2k18 it seems that the format for Drexel interview changed to MMI from this year and you can use the below link for help

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/med-school-interviews/1995992-medical-school-interview-guide-resources-for-the-multiple-mini-interview-mmi.html#latest

All I can say is interview prep market seems to be good business!!

@cd2030 My DS only has UG admission to FAU. I don’t know their timeline for informing regarding interview. Does anyone have that info?

@abs2018 my DS has not heard from HPME, though we are counting it as a rejection at this point.

I am waiting for NJMS also. We applied through NJIT.