***Official Thread for BSMD Applicants 2018***

This is our first year of going through this process, are all the deadlines over for BS/MD or are there any still available to apply?

@xpd600090 It is way too late. Howard may have 3/1 deadline but you should have already applied to Howard for UG and got acceptance. Or like y’day posts, applied and accepted in to Rutgers Honors program and got invited to apply before 3/1.

If not mistaken, there will not be any program where you can apply fresh now for BS/MD on 2/18 for 2018 cycle.

I do not think there is any BS/MD program that accepts applications so late. If you are also considering a BS/DO program you may find one to apply to. If interested you can check if LECOM is still accepting applications.

Thanks for the responses @BSMDDAD, @GoldenRock. No point fretting over it now.

@xpd600090 @BSMDDAD @GoldenRock I believe there are still a few BS/MD programs remaining. I’ve compiled a list down below, but keep in mind that I may be wrong about a few of these deadlines.

California Northstate (May 1st deadline for 2+4 and May 26th deadline for 3+4/4+4, but needed to be submitted by October 31st for best chance of admission) : https://healthsciences.cnsu.edu/programs-offered/bs-md-combined-program/admissions/admissions

USF Morsani College of Medicine (August 15th deadline, but you must commit to USF Honors Program to request an application): http://www.usf.edu/honors/accelerated-programs/7-year-med.aspx

Grambling State University/Meharry Medical College (June 1st Deadline, but only available to African-American students): http://www.gram.edu/academics/majors/arts-and-sciences/biology/training.php

These are the only BS/MD programs still accepting applications. There are other BS/DO programs that you may want to look into. LECOM, as mentioned, is rolling, and so are a few others. Good luck!

Does anyone here know what the HPME interviews with the faculty, Student, and program director are like?

Thanks @TheElusiveGod

Did anyone hear from Hofstra after the initial reports last week?

@calbsmdmom I visited CNSU and also got into the 3+4 program, and I like this program too. They don’t accept FAFSA, so it’s a big financial commitment. Almost $60k for premed and $95k/yr for med school is not worth it. This school is not that worth to spend that kind of money. I am leaning towards other wonderful options if I don’t get into GPPA. SLU is where I would not go because of their constat probation issues so removing that from my list.

About CNSU, 2+4 program should be accepted by April and need to start right after highschool senior year in summer. I didn’t apply for this because at least I wanted to check the results of my all applications before deciding where I want to go.

@@priyaluvsbooks you are lucky that you know many people to be prepared for the interview. I don’t anyone. Good luck for tomorrow and you will do great!!! If you don’t mind, please share the details of your interview, how long and what did they ask etc.? Thanks,

I heard that SLU alumni is getting an update for probation situation, if someone know details about it, can you post if please here (I heard that hospital is already out of probation)

Here is the latest SLU has on their website. It appears they are preparing for the visit by the agency (LCME) to take place June 24-27.
https://www.slu.edu/lcmeaccreditation/communications-and-news/remediation-update-bylaws-visit.php

Thanks @BSMDDAD that articled sounds very promising.
@Curry18 If I were you, I won’t brush off SLU like you are planning, just my 2c.

@calbsmdmom I thought GPPA colleges of Medicine and Dentistry are limited to Illinois residents only.

For those that interviewed at the Connections program on Feb 9th, what did you think?

It was a great experience for us and nice to know that even though it was MMI format, the style and types of questions are different than UMKCs (DC is interviewing here next week.)

We still have Pitt, Case, REMS, HPME and a few others to go. DC is still doing lots of practice interviews so hopefully all the hard work pays off!

@JonasSalk Regarding Hofstra, the invites went out last week. If you get an invite this week, it is because you were taken from their waitlist for interviews. There won’t be very many (if, any) invites this week. This is what I was told last week.

Thank you @moodybluepapaya I will focus on my Pitt GAP. That is the only interview that I have so far of all the schools that I applied.

Hey guys - has anyone seen an interview invitation from NJMS? I applied through TCNJ and Rutgers.

@JonasSalk, GL for Pitt GAP. The race is tough, but worth it in the end. You will succeed in your aspirations no matter which path you end up taking.

@RedMan108
I’m not familiar with the GPPA program at all. We did not look into it or apply to it.

For those who applied to Hofstra-We just called our Hofstra undergraduates admissions counselor who said that Hofstra medical school won’t be done with invitations until the end of February and it’s too early to know if we have been rejected from the BSMD program.