****official uic honors & gppa class of 2022****

Is the honors thing the same as GPPA?

Your credentials are great, but that’s not everything that will determine if you will get in or not- there’s still your essay and interview that play a big part in admissions.

As for the campus assignments, they used to tell GPPA students where they are assigned when they are admitted to GPPA, but as of this year, they changed that. Now, we will know our campus assignment when we actually apply into the College of Medicine after our undergrad

^^ that was for liongirl

@sf1322 your stats are competitive, as you know nothing is guaranteed but it is worth to attempt.

Thanks @PPofEngrDr. I had my honors interview last Saturday, Dec 16. I think it went quite well but now a long wait , most likely after holidays.

I applied for the honors college with my application, but I was worried when other people I knew received emails for honors interviews and I didn’t (didn’t apply GPPA, but accepted into bioengineering)
UIC wasn’t my top school b/c I also got into UIUC bioengineering (program is way better), and I was still worried that I didn’t get an interview for the UIC honors college.
I don’t know if this helps any other in-state applicants, but I got an invitation in the mail for a program called Chancellor’s Scholars, covers tuition and automatic induction to honors college, I believe.
It’s through an Illinois program called AIM HIGH, signed in by Rauner to keep students in Illinois, combating the out of state merit scholarships that are so good, especially considering Illinois in-state sucks.
Stats 1580 SAT and 4.783 W GPA (school doesn’t calc. unweighted)
Don’t know if this helps, but just thought I would share for any other in-state students surprised about no interview.

@ppofengrdr
my daughter applied to Uic gppa but has not yet gotten any interview so far I think someone mentioned that all interview notifications are over
Could you tell show your son experience with NU

@Krupa2019 you may want to call UIC GPPA program directly to make sure about interviews. They should be atleast tell you that when is the last interview invitation is expected to send out and once that date is passed you know the drill. 2nd as far as NU goes he is enjoying his time there. Being a quarter system, it was little adjustment he ended up doing as time just flies. e.g. current winter quarter started 2nd week of Jan (a week earlier then semester system) and would end at spring break and you cover 4 Quarter units approximately equivalent to 16 Quarter credit hours.
Feel free to PM if you have any specific questions about NU.