***OFFICIAL UIC HONORS-GPPA THREAD***

Allright, so I am excited becuase I just recieved an interview invitation for UIC ( University of Illinois at Chicago) and I am one step closer to GPPA Med.

So, I want to know, who else recieved this invitation and is anyone else going for GPPA? Also, how many people recieve these Honors interviews anyways? ( I know its a decent amount)

Basically, though, I want to connect with UIC hopefuls. Share your hopes and lets talk!

Btw to all mods, I know there is another thread for BS/MD programs but its kinda inactive and I want to make this thread ONLY about UIC. Please dont delete. Thanx!

Cmon

Buuuuuump

@ master1006 Did you receive interview invitation for UIC Honors College or GPPA?

Honors I applied late so just got it now. Did u get ur GPPA one?

@master1006 Nope. Interviewed and accepted to the Honors College in December.

Nice! Any tips for the interview itself or impromptu essay?

I think you are supposed to get contacted 2-3 weeks after interview for GPPA. Unless they are doing it so that you find out in feb.

Gppa med or something else?

@efr009 My son has his UIC Honors College interview on Friday (1/16). Any tips you can share?

@WaitingInCPA and @master1006, you should dress up: suits and tie for boys. As others said, impromptu essay is not really one essay and is six short questions. Be yourself. If you applied non medical or dental GPPA program, this will be the only interview.

@efr009 Thanks for the info. How long did it take for you to find out you were accepted into the Honors College? Did you receive any info on when scholarship announcements would be made?

@WaitingInCPA interviewed on Dec. 12 and received acceptance email Dec. 19. Since Dec. 19 was the last day of the school year before UIC winter break, they told us that they would try to get decision out on the 19th. Otherwise, they would send out after getting back on Jan. 5, 2015. I would think that you should expect at least two weeks after interview. I don’t remember about scholarship announcements. No parents asked about it. Maybe you could ask and report it back on CC.

D is a 1st year GPPA student and we received scholarship information in April I believe. If you are a non-GPPA applicant, it may be different. There is only 1 full scholarship in GPPA and it covers all GPPA sections not just medicine. Also, take the dates they give you with great flexibility-some dates they met and others they didn’t. Feel free to email me questions outside of cc if you have any!

Just returned from my son’s UIC Honors College visit/interview. Here is my take on it. Honors College is definitely worth pursuing at UIC. There is only 1 GPPA full scholarship awarded, but there are many Honors College scholarships ranging from $3k to $8k.

We were told that Honors College acceptances would be sent out within 2-3 weeks of your interview. And they are starting to send out scholarship info within the next couple of weeks. That is a rolling process.

My D have applied in November 23rd and she have not heard anything yet. Her ACT is 31 so I am not sure if that is low for honor college. Can any one comment. She was told she in in pool of candidate to be interviewed.

They split up the 150 candidates into 6 groups, depending on the intended major. My group, the green group, consisted of the math/hard science guys. A 31 was the average of the above average students in my group.

She got accepted for Bio-engineer major so I am not sure what group she would be in. She have not received
interview notification yet. She has been told that she is part of the pool of candidate to be interviewed.

The Bio-engineers were amongst my group. Getting admitted into the Honors should be a piece of cake for your daughter. I’m not sure about the GPPA though.

Did anyone receive GPPA medicine interview invitations last week or this week?

got done with the GPPA interview. A couple of my friends went last week. We were informed that 90 will be interviewed this year , but I heard the number as 80 from someone else. can anybody share info on number of interviewees this year and the number that will be offered the GPPA seats…

since your D is a 1st yr GPPA student, could you please let me know how many students were interviewed for the program last year and how many got selected out of those…thanks in advance !