Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

Would you mind sharing stats?

@Bigehrlich It seems like theyā€™ve been rolling out scholarship tiers just about weekly. What I mean by that is, first the Buckeye/Maximus came out, then Buckeye/Provost came out last week, today is the first time Iā€™m hearing about Buckeye/Trusteeā€™s so I assume those that are only being awarded Buckeye will receive their letterā€™s next week. If we donā€™t have a letter by the end of next week, we are out of luck. Again, it is my observation based on this thread over the last few weeks and years past.

Iā€™m preparing myself to see a second child be heartbroken by OSU, and it feels horrible.

Well I got a financial aide postcard today, I am hoping this is a good sign. It seems that the postcard comes then some news will be shared?

Or is this wishful thinking???

1 Like

My current freshman son has only National Buckeye (which we were very happy to get), so I know it happens.

2 Likes

We received that postcard several weeks ago and havenā€™t heard a peep since thenā€¦ wish I had a better answer!

1 Like

Does anyone know when we may hear about the scholarships in Scholarship Universe?

haha, well there goes that theory! I hope you hear soon! Ughā€¦the waiting is painful!

Did you hit the Accept Admission button or are you waiting to hear about aid and merit?

We are waiting to hear about merit aid. I canā€™t commit to OOS tuition without knowing what is coming. It is stressful and heartbreaking

My son has a 3.8/4.7 and a 1450 SAT. His school doesnā€™t rank but I estimated top 10% since he goes to a competitive high school. Net price calculator had him getting Provost but he got Trustee so it may be more competitive this year. He is also waiting on Morrill but probably not likely.

Is he in state or out of state? I assume in state since you did not mention Buckeye Scholarship. We have done the NPC as well but itā€™s impossible because we did test optional. His school doesnā€™t officially rank but heā€™s in top 3% -5% and thats what it says in Scholarship Owl

@worldfinds By any chance, do you know when the final decisions will be made for Morrill? Do they send ā€œrejectionā€ letters if you do not get accepted?

Is anyone still waiting on an admission decision? My son applied just after New Years. Werenā€™t decisions out last fr? His portal still says evaluation. Does that mean he didnā€™t get accepted? We are out of state.

1 Like

Same hereā€¦ I donā€™t think it means rejection, just missed priority deadline.

1 Like

he will hear in march

1 Like

Thank you! Is that the March 26 date I saw on another cc thread?

Will deferred students hear before the March 26 date?

Yes, everyone who is still evaluation will hear march 26

I honestly have no idea but I thought I read in a thread that someone called the admissions office and was told decisions would be made by the end of February. I also read somewhere that letters should go out either way. But this is all second hand info so truly have no idea.

1 Like

If you look at the admissions report on OSUā€™s website, regular decisions started hearing last week. The number of admissions went up significantly from the week before

https://oesar.osu.edu/secure/pdf/admissions/comp&summ_SIS.pdf

So it will be trickling.