Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

And my son says 97 and he hasn’t heard either. I believe the “ranking” is correct based on his approximate ranking but can’t connect to Buckeye. Hollywood and I have been talking about this for days

1 Like

Same here for my daughter, does not make sense

My son’s says 97 too. And he did get the Buckeye and Provost in Jan end. His school doesn’t rank either. I’m beginning to think OSU is doing a big catch-up and still to send out more Scholarships. Hang tight everyone.

Thank you. You have been awesome since the beginning. Keep sending good thoughts to me and add H0LLYW00D to your list and everyone else waiting

2 Likes

I agree. They haven’t sent awards yet for standalone buckeye. They must be delayed with everyone working from home. Can’t be easy

Do not get me started. This is frustrating and causing kids more stress. “kids” who have had a rough enough year. The way they roll it out is insane

Agreed!!! I’m going this weekend to take her to see Ohio, Praying she gets merit!!!

2 Likes

What ranking do you need to get any of the merit awards?

We were there two weeks ago. In the same boat as you, just waiting on the notification. We never thought it would be a question that he got Buckeye but who knows. We loved the school when we visited. We are from FL and my son will be in the Society, Law and Politics Scholars program

It’s on their website but they consider them “minimum standards”. It’s also harder this year with test optional because the scores aren’t solid

My daughter looked at Florida State and UF last week, she loved Florida State and they gave her lots of money, But Ohio was always one of her top choices but honestly if Ohio does not give her $$$ I hope she won’t love Ohio as much as Florida State then her decision will be made

The school guidance is top 25% of class to be in Consideration. Then they take a holistic look at extra curricular, curriculum, etc.

she was accepted to Humanities Scholars and a Psychology Major

Nice. Enjoy your trip. We loved it. Where are you from?

New Jersey, and thanks

@Bigehrlich I would totally understand if that was the case. But I was told by two separate people in Admissions that ALL merit scholarships will be awarded by the end of this month. Unless they are working over the weekend, this is the end of the line. Just to clarify, if we don’t get a letter in the mail next week, we are not getting anything.

Fingers crossed people. Good luck to everyone

1 Like

@Couglesrx01 My daughter went to see FSU & UF last Feb and loved them both. She got into FSU and we are waiting to hear from UF. They were tied with OSU until she received her Buckeye admission back in December and started making connections. And now OSU has moved up in her rankings. :woman_facepalming:

If my daughter would know about merit that would help, she really was excited about Ohio, and also waiting on UF here, I guess time will tell!!! Very disappointing if no merit from Ohio would just be crazy with her stats but it’s a crazy year in general

1 Like

@Couglesrx01 I totally get it. As @wlehockey has said, we’ve been commiserating for the last several days about this whole topic of merit. I went through this same thing a few years ago with my son and was shocked that he was not awarded merit. He decided to go somewhere else and never looked back. This is all so frustrating, but the reality is, many of our kids will not get the merit they deserve. I can say that while it may hurt to make a different choice, they should only look forward, and I am confident they will have the college experience they desire.

I wish everyone luck. OSU is not the only great school out there!

1 Like