Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

The comments on this topic have been so helpful. I have another question — Does anybody know if Admission counselors or financial aid office can confirm OSU’s final merit decision over the phone? I talked to them earlier this week and they told me my child did not receive a scholarship… but if Buckeye hasn’t been released yet, don’t we still have a chance?
I was so upset after that call, and I’m just praying I misunderstood …

Who did you talk to? @H0llyw00d and I have spoken to NUMEROUS people over the past few days and they said all merit is still pending. We have gotten such mixed signals it is ridiculous. My only question is are you in state or OOS?

Do you think they might pass over some with really high stats thinking it’s possibly a safety choice and they likely won’t attend?

You can join the new friendship that @H0llyw00d and I have formed. This whole thing is crazy. My son has great stats and ECs but went test optional. We have full tuition if he gets in at UF so that makes it even more painful. He already has full Bright Futures. UGH

1 Like

I asked that question to admissions and they said it is not the case. And both my son and @H0llyw00d daughter have expressed immense interest

Not sure if they can verify over the phone but when I called they said there was nothing in the system for my son yet

Absolutely. Will do. :relieved::relieved::relieved::relieved::relieved:

OOS. I called Admissions and they suggested I call financial aid/scholarships. The person on the phone said we had not been awarded a scholarship… I’m not sure they meant ‘yet’ or ‘definitely not’ …

I would take it as a “yet”. I was told they are still working on them but who the heck knows. The entire system they use is insane. @H0llyw00d has a valid thought that they are staggering it and did Buckeye/MAximus first, then Buckeye/Provost, then Buckeye/Trustee and now they will do just Buckeye. Let’s hope she is right

1 Like

@jpga13 I would say yes, especially based on some of the earlier comments where people have noted that Scholarship Universe has these kids as ranking 96, 97, 99 with no word about merit. I expect a lot of our children will be very disappointed.

The thing that has me TOTALLY perplexed is that I have also heard from more than one Admissions person that unused merit could be reissued. I don’t know what that means if all merit will be awarded by the end of this week.

I am totally perplexed, but I want to share the information I’ve received.

Agreed. Went through this with my older daughter ( who is very happy at University of Delaware ) they end up where they belong!!

1 Like

Out of curiosity what are your stats? My son is over 4.5 GPA, TO, 9 APs (all 4 and 5) and tons of EC, student government and three and four year captain of two varsity sports

I second everything here. I also heard that some will be reissued, but that is also from the same person who told me that they received notification via email and not snail mail which is opposite everything I have heard from students on here

We were given the same response - we weren’t sure how to take it - not coming at all or hasn’t been awarded yet?

I thought Florida schools required test scores this year?

Have they released financial aid yet? Could they be combining them?

@rbc2018 Yes, Florida schools required standardized test scores.

There were similar conversations last year. Some qualified kids were offered scholarships, some were not. There didn’t seem to be a lot of rhyme or reason to it.

1 Like

They are. We did TO to Ohio State but sent to FL. We didn’t have in time for OSU application and got them when FL was due

2 Likes

Okay, I was just confused because wlehockey’s son applied to OSU test optional, but was also waiting on UF.

1 Like