Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

NO financial aid yet. That comes in March. I was thinking the same thing because we are expecting some financial aid. I will hold out lost hope for that after this week

Is it a deal breaker if you donā€™t get National Buckeye?

What do you mean?

@rbc2018 Gotcha. Some people submitted their scores to Fl b/c they had to but werenā€™t satisfied and went TO elsewhere. We debated submitting the test score because we knew it wasnā€™t her best, but it was in the middle 50 for OSU and encouraged to submit it. Iā€™m not sure if that helped my daughter or hurt her.

2 Likes

Scholarship U ranked my daughter 94ā€¦ she also had tons EC, Varsity captain, yada yada ā€¦
my older daughter is a sophomore and received Provost so we thought we were a shoe-in for Buckeye ā€¦ but we went Test optional so worried that hurt us

Same as us. We had no doubt about Buckeyeā€¦ also did test optional. They swore to me that was not an issue. Scores came in after application

1 Like

Iā€™m asking if your student will go elsewhere if he doesnā€™t get National Buckeye? For some I think it is necessary to make things work financially.

So did applications have to be submitted by Nov 1 or 15 to be automatically looked at for these?

It is more likley than not a dealbreaker. It is all he has ever wanted but I donā€™t know if I can swing it without it and if he gets into UF how do I justify that when he goes to UF for free. Also applied to Penn State (not really interested) and they gave him merit so I canā€™t understand what OSU is thinking. But I am holding out hope that we hear this week

2 Likes

Good luck. I hope he gets it.

Thank you. Good thoughts for everyone as well. My son has been a diehard Buckeye since birth

2 Likes

Iā€™m calling the admissions office tomorrow after I get home from school. Iā€™m going to ask if they have a specific timeframe for the release of final RD decisions, since Iā€™ve been hearing so many different things from representatives. I was told theyā€™re rolling, that I would hear in early March, and also that I would hear at the end of March. Itā€™s all so confusing, so Iā€™m just going to try and get some clarification. Also, going to try and see if Iā€™m still eligible for any scholarships or the scholars program even after being deferred.

2 Likes

Good luck. Let us know what you find out. Hopefully you get soe clarity on your admission status

1 Like

Thanks! Iā€™ll let you know what I hear!

@rbc2018 If she does not get the Buckeye (or Morrill), I am going to really push her to go elsewhere. This would be my second child that was overlooked, and I personally think she should consider the schools that showed her some love. She is deserving. She meets the requirements academically, she has great leadership, great ECā€™s, and has demonstrated interest by communicating with her AO for two years, whereas other students in our district who received some form of Buckeye had zero interest and were given consideration. Not to mention that I have two kids in college simultaneously, so full pay would be rough.

2 Likes

@BairdCarlJ701 Good luck!

Anyone?

I hear ya. Itā€™s hard not to take it personally, but one thing to think about is that admissions is completely separate from the rest of the university. Admissions deciding to offer money or not doesnā€™t really relate to the quality of the education, how much sheā€™ll thrive at the institution, etc. I know it is hard to tease those things apart mentally, and of course there are the financial considerations, but I hope it all works out for her.

1 Like

I was told Nov 15 - if you met EA deadline.

1 Like

Gotcha. I just noticed the website said Nov 1 so I was wondering if maybe some people may have missed that and not known.