Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

@rbc2018 Thank you. Trust me, as a parent who never had things easy, all I want is to make my kid’s wishes come true. She’s been in love with OSU for years. I hope this works out, so the decision is easy. I haven’t given up hope yet. She would be a great asset to the OSU community.

1 Like

I think you will hear if it says 99. Thats what my daughters said. And the mail wasn’t scanned so I had no idea it was coming. Im sure you will receive it soon

1 Like

@american1991 I called yesterday and they told me there was nothing for her at that point in time. :disappointed:

I think it was moved to Nov 15 because of Covid

1 Like

Same here. We just have to hope OSU does a mass update that will flip the switch from no to yes. :thinking:

2 Likes

Wow that’s so frustrating - I hope it changes for her very soon.

1 Like

I am in same boat as @H0llyw00d . Somehow we live in Miami and my son is a diehard lifelong Buckeye. It is all he has ever wanted

2 Likes

FYI. I just called Ohio financial department, my daughter is getting merit it is in the mail! Call them !

3 Likes

Congratulations!!! Now you are making me nervous. LOL!!! Did they tell you exactly what she was getting?

Yes. National buckeye

2 Likes

Congrats!!! Well deserved. With her stats I am surprised that she didn’t get the provost or trustee also which makes me more nervous. Great test score. We did not submit one…

We are huge buckeye family in New York. I feel for anyone with these high stats that aren’t receiving the buckeye

1 Like

Congrats! Would you be able to check if it’s posted in the portal yet?

We received the letter over a week ago. Not in the portal

@Couglesrx01 Congratulations! Did you call Financial Aid or Admissions?

We did not fill out the scholarship universe and did receive the National Buckeye and Trustee (I think) scholarships just yesterday. My DD was accepted in December.

1 Like

Yes, DD’s complete application was in on November 14th including scores. She received admission in December, Honors College 2 weeks ago and scholarships yesterday

Talked to the admissions office. They were kind of rude if I’m being totally honest. She said RD decisions are rolling until the end of March, and that I could hear anytime up until that point. She said since I was deferred and “not as competitive,” even though I had taken classes through OSU earlier this year, my chances of receiving any sort of scholarship were significantly decreased. She said she wasn’t sure how scholars would work after being deferred, but she thought I would still be eligible for enrollment if I were to be accepted. Here’s the funny thing, I just got accepted into the E.W Scripps School of Journalism at Ohio University, which is the best program in the state, and one of the top 10 in the entire country. And the admissions representative was actually nice!

1 Like

Sounds like your decision is made. Go with your gut.

1 Like

I am a COMS professor in a Virginia school, Scripps program is highly regarded at OU. Congratulations! I have to say, Athens is a fabulous little town.