Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

@fox2281 If they can’t see anything about merit in our kid’s files by now, we are out of luck. It isn’t coming, and it is time to have some difficult conversations and make tough decisions.

I was the one who spoke to them today , and her letter was mailed yesterday which is why they where able to tell me. Still have not officially received the letter

1 Like

That is basically how it was explained to me by a person named Dale. He also stated that there would be mailings this week (which I referred to as “tomorrow”) and he confirmed there was more being mailed. And that by the end of next week (the first week of March) if we haven’t heard anything, than there was nothing offered.

1 Like

@fox2281 Financial Aid may not see it until after the letter is mailed. Admissions would see it first if they are the ones awarding the merit. I found an email from 3 years ago when I tried to figure this out when my son was admitted without merit. Apparently, it is a committee, not a single person who decides about merit. What criteria they look for is completely unknown and impossible to guess.

Its good to know that the consistency about the letter being mailed prior to their inside portal update. You would think it would be the opposite with all things electronic.

1 Like

@Bigehrlich I know two girls who went TO and got nice merit. We applied with an AC score.

I know. Nothing makes sense this year !

1 Like

@Couglesrx01 I could not agree more!

@wlehockey What you heard seems consistent with the messages I heard years ago.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for some good news to trickle in next week.

1 Like

I’ve always wondered if the merit offers are meant for kids who they know will commit or if they are intended for kids who they think may need incentive to commit. Or maybe those things aren’t relevant at all, who knows.

Let’s all hope. @H0llyw00d if not you better coe down here so we can soak our sorrows together. Easier to soak them in Miami than NY. I do really believe there are more coming

1 Like

@rbc2018 I think it is used as an incentive for those that may not be as interested based on the majority of the students from my district who have been recipients.

Financial Aid packaging is taking place next week. If we get merit, you will see it as part of your Financial Aid packaging.

That’s what I’m wondering. If they think you’re a ‘sure thing’, maybe that hurts you :neutral_face:
My son got it last year and it did influence his decision.

@rbc2018 Yep, that is the only explanation I can think of since they snubbed both of my kids who exceeded all of the requirements and demonstrated interest.

1 Like

Oh boy. Does this mean even other scholarships like the Morrill, alumni scholarships and the ones from the school through the Scholarship Universe?

Yes please do. It’s getting nuts with this wait and uncertainty. Knowing will be better than not knowing. And you know we’re in this with you now.

Maybe calling back and trying to get someone else on the line you haven’t spoken to before and then compare the 3 calls for consistency? :thinking:

@rbc2018 Congratulations to your son for being a recipient!

Thank you, he’s a very happy freshman Buckeye :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Aksai108 I’ve called as well and received the same information at @wlehockey. Apparently, MSP, any merit awards, Fin Aid, etc., will all be generated and appear in the statement being generated next week.