Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

Thanks for the response. Guess we wait for the financial aid package then. Good luck to everyone.

1 Like

They havenā€™t snubbed daughter yet. I am thinking positive for her ā€¦ and I donā€™t even know her

1 Like

between @H0llyw00d and I, we have spoken to everyone in the office. I am expecting financial aid as well so hopefully it is one nice package.

1 Like

Donā€™t give up hope.

Our experience was odd. My son had read here on CC that a student received the National Buckeye and Provost award via a letter in the regular mail, on the Saturday before Presidentā€™s Day. So I called on the Tuesday after the Monday holiday. I was told their was no indication that my son was going to be offered a scholarship. Later that SAME day he got the merit award letter in the mail.

1 Like

For accepted recipients, anyone know when we will receive housing info? Or financial aid info?

Maybe Iā€™m crazy for still thinking we should expect to get something in the mail! OOS, 4.2, 35 ACT, top 10% of class, accepted into Scholars program and not a word about merit.

As long as the completed application was in before November 15th (including test scores) your student should hear something. My DD was accepted in the first round of releases in December and she just heard 2 days ago.

Housing info comes in mid-March. Via their Buckeye email so they need to get used to checking it more often as much of the communication comes through that portal.

1 Like

Funny, Iā€™m reverseā€¦ received provost scholarship but not a word about honors or scholars or anything

Jumping into this thread after walking away for a few weeks.

Has anyone received a ā€˜rollingā€™ admission decision? In other words, received a decision that was not on one of the posted dates (Dec 11, Jan 29, or Feb 19)?

I keep hearing about rolling decisions between now and the end of March, but I havenā€™t seen anything on this forum.

My S: Applied EA Oct 19, deferred Jan 29. OOS, 3.7, TO, solid ECs, LORs, blah, blah, blah.

@LDL Thank you for this hope. I truly need the hope, even if it is just a few more days. Today is a big day for her too, she hears from UF which was tied with OSU (until she started meeting other OSU admitted students). I still believe that kids end up where they are supposed to be and reminded her of all of the wonderful qualities she has and what she should be thankful for.

I remain hopeful for all the parents who have expressed their frustration with OSUā€™s merit process on Facebook and Reddit :scream:

1 Like

You have links to the FB anmd Reddit groups?

same hereā€¦I am wondering if we are secondary in consideration at this point, and they are waiting for Honors/scholar to open up as people decline admission.

My cousin received this in his Buckeyemail account yesterday or today. He is an extremely high stat student. I believe he was accepted to Honors a week or two ago but no Merit so far.

ā€œAll financial aid for incoming freshmen for the Autumn 2021 semester will be released in early to mid march. This will included scholarships, grants and offered federal loans. If you are award any merit based scholarships it will be included in that package. You will be able to view this on your buckeye link under you view financial aid page on the aid summary. For information about honors and scholars please contact their office at honors-scholars@osu.edu or 614-292-3135.ā€

1 Like

Good luck with UF! I visited that school with my older son and loved it.

1 Like

@LDL Thank you so much. That will definitely take some of the sting out in the event OSU doesnā€™t come through.

@ABW22003 Ohio State University Class of 2025 - Parents | Facebook

https://www.reddit.com/r/ApplyingToCollege/comments/is39op/ohio_state_early_megathread/

1 Like

I keep hearing conflicting information also regarding deferred students. I emailed askabuckeye again and got a form response back that said:

"Once all applications submitted by our February 1 deadline have been reviewed, we will complete another review of deferred students. We will review deferred students again in mid-March. Those final decisions will be posted by the end of March. "

But I thought the point of deferring WAS to put the application back in the RD pool??? Makes ZERO SENSE. Like deferrals are the last to get looked at, in which case we should have just applied RD!!

3 Likes

I just spoke with Admissions (not financial aid) and I spoke with josephine who could see that my daughter was not awarded any merit. She said there just arenā€™t enough funds or reasons to explain why some kids with lower stats received merit while other do not each year. But she confirmed and was very confident that the last mailing had already went out and there was nothing for my daughter to expect. Financial aid will come out in March that would indicate any scholarship that come from ScholarUniverse, or other fasfa aid (which was a clear and fat zero since we already saw was FASFA provided from other colleges she was accepted). She sad if it were in the mail today, she would have been able to tell me on the phone if there was a merit scholarship. So, at least I have the answer.

1 Like

@fox2281 I am so sorry. I know my daughter will be in the same boat. As of Tuesday, and there was nothing in her file. Iā€™ve heard of people receiving National Buckeye in the mail this week, so I guess they sent this last round out earlier than expected. It appeared that prior mailings typically happened on Fridayā€™s which gave me some hope, but I can see that itā€™s not very likely that something is on its way to us. I donā€™t want to make that call to Admissions because then it is REALLY final. Iā€™ll wait until I get my Financial Aid notification.

Good luck to your daughter, wherever she ends up planting roots. Iā€™m sure she will thrive!