Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

I think it honestly depends on who you speak with. I have spoken with three people in the past few days and gotten three different stories, but the one I did hear consistently is that they are still working on it. We also have to remember that these are students answering the phones so who knows what they really know. They share what they see but as far as what they “know” it is unreliable. I know @H0llyw00d was on a parent meeting last night and they shared some stuff

1 Like

has anyone in state received any sort of merit?

Plus most are working remotely and that seems to be slowing up a lot of things.

1 Like

Excellent point. I am still frustrated by the process. There are streamlined ways it could have been handled

1 Like

Where would I see if I got any scholarships? Would it show up in the “View My Financial Aid” area??? Or another area.

@asdfgabjkl The Financial Aid notification will not be generated until next week. Once it is generated you will see a section called Scholarships and Grants with a line item called “Gift Aid” which would be your merit/grants. There is a separate section for loans.

1 Like

Thank you. Best of luck with your daughter, too! My D is likely committing to OSU regardless. Hopefully, something else will come through at any level.

2 Likes

I received the Provost merit scholarship and am in-state.

1 Like

Is there any merit scholarship awarded to OOS students who applied RD? Do they have a chance to get into Honors program or is it a separate application? Thanks!

I called admissions yesterday and they said that all merit scholarships had been finalized and that there was nothing for me and that nothing would be coming. She also said that they do not redistribute the unused funds and that there is no appeals process either. I thought for sure that I would get something and so did the coach I’ve been talking to at Ohio State. I guess it was just really competitive this year. I had a 3.95 UW GPA and a 4.125 W GPA, 7 AP classes, 11 AP tests, multiple clubs, attended the U.S. Olympics trials and Junior Olympics. I think that my class rank killed me. I am in the top 13% of my class at a really competitive highschool (sends at least 5 people to ivy’s each year) but my school is not very well known so it probably just looks like my grades were inflated. I would recommend just getting it over with and calling admission rather than stressing and waiting another week.

Are you getting recruited for a sport at Ohio State?

Yes. I was waiting to officially sign until merit scholarship came out. Even though I didn’t get any my family and I decided that we can make it work without the national buckeye. So I am planning on making it official soon.

3 Likes

Similar situation here.

Received Morrill excellence scholarship today, so they are still awarding them

4 Likes

@fox2281 Wishing you and your daughter the best of luck and hoping to hear some good news on here in the days to come.

Congrats! Were you admitted EA round 1 or 2 or RD?

Thank you! Ea round 2

Congratulations!! Well done. How did they notify you?

Did you also qualify for the distinction award interview?

My son in same boat. We will make it work. To compete for OSU out of all his choices was simply too great an opportunity to pass up. He verbally committed and accepted admission that night 2/13. Just waiting in NLI to arrive. He will be with you in the fall!