Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

My OOS was finally sent a letter and got NB Scholarship. It was a relief! However we must wait for UCs before making the plunge.

Does anyone know if the $100 acceptance fee holds your spot for housing? Or do you also have to do something else, like paying another deposit?

1 Like

At some point you’ll need to do a housing contract and there is an additional deposit, but for now you don’t need to worry about getting ‘in the queue’ like at some universities. When it comes time, your student will specify what part of campus they would like to live in, and what rate level (listed on the housing site). OSU assigns the specific dorm and room, and I don’t think it matters at all when you committed and deposited.

2 Likes

They send out the housing info to their Buckeye email in the order in which their acceptance fees were paid. We paid our in 2/13 so I dunno what that means in terms of order.

1 Like

Can someone rate my chances of being accepted after being deferred? I’m not sure of the deferral acceptance rate, but I can list my activities and such for some background. I just want this process to be over already.

I had it yesterday too! But I think she said we would be updated on our status mid-March, not told whether or not we would receive the award

1 Like

I’m just staying here until I know you got in. :slight_smile: I have faith!

Thank you so much! :slight_smile: That makes me feel so much better. I’m hopeful that I’ll get in, but it’s frustrating being the first person to apply and having all of my friends get their decisions before mine.

For some background,

ACT: 28 , GPA UW: 4.0 (W: 4.5)

3 APS, 5 CCPs, All honors classes throughout High School

Editor in Chief of School Newspaper, Lifeguard for two years, Spanish Club President, Class Treasurer, National Spanish Honors Society Treasurer

National Spanish Exam Award Winner, Honor Roll 3+ years

Accepted into Ohio State’s CCP program, but withdrew after a week of attendance due to scheduling conflict

Said I was interested in a Pre-Law program when I wasn’t at all LOL, and I clarified within a letter of continued interest

Personal Essay was about being outed by a lifelong friend at work

I knew that I was going to get deferred EA, but I’m pretty confident that I’ll get in these coming weeks!

1 Like

No reason you shouldn’t get in.

3 Likes

I just think their system is a train wreck this year. I was pretty excited when OSU came in early and had about 3-6 weeks between then and when my daughters got their ED acceptances. Every time I dealt with admissions it was absolute crap with different stories over and over and information that simply wasn’t correct. Now I have two hollow legged losers with one going to a rival school and another to the ACC. Ugh! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you pay your housing fee without formally committing to the school?

Yeah I couldn’t agree more. Everything is so unorganized this year, so hopefully the process will be better for the next round of undergraduate applicants. Congratulations to your daughters!

1 Like

No - you must pay the $100 acceptance fee else you won’t get the housing contract.

Got it. Thanks.

Okay, I didn’t remember exactly how that worked. Last year my son committed in mid/late March. I believe we submitted the housing contract within weeks. Everyone is required to live on campus, so it’s not a question of missing out on a dorm. Like I said, they don’t get to pick a specific dorm, just an area of campus and housing rate.

Congratulations! Very happy for you and your daughter.

1 Like

@STEM2017 Thank you so much!

1 Like

Please someone post when you’ve received your financial aid package. Was it on the portal where you find out application status? Or the Buckeye email?

National Buckeye arrived today. Letter was dated 2/24, envelope was postmarked 2/26.

3 Likes

@TwinCitiesFamily Congratulations!

Hey, my son is also deciding between FSU and OSU. He received the OOS merit for FSU and the Buckeye for OSU but FSU is significantly less expensive. Visiting FSU in two weeks. Good luck with your decision!