Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

We’ll be visiting FSU in two weeks as well. Have you already been to OSU? If so, I’d like hear your thoughts after visiting both.

my daughter visited both, both amazing schools, both beautiful campuses. The obvious difference is the weather!!! Can’t go wrong with either.

1 Like

Can anyone that has committed tell me if there is a special banner or anything once you submit your deposit. My daughter would like to wait until we see it but I would like her to get it in for the housing priority. She told me it’s an event now when kids hit the “button”. When son committed it just accepted the deposit. Please lmk if you have done it.

Was there anything special that popped up when you accepted or just did it just process the deposit?

No…it will be a day or two before you see the status change…but not bells or whistles

1 Like

Nope, you just pay and that’s it.

1 Like

Thank you! That makes it easier!

Is there a chance deferred students will hear back tomorrow?

I think so. My best friend who got deferred heard back last Friday, so I’m guessing there’s a good chance. However, I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

2 Likes

Did your deferred friend get accepted?

Yeah!

What time did your friend hear?

1 Like

She told me she had checked her portal in the afternoon and it still said Deferred, but then she checked after four and it had changed to Accepted. I’m not sure of the exact times, but I’m guessing they start sending out decisions at noon.

1 Like

Nothing popped up which was odd. But I got a receipt for the $100 fee. It included: This receipt confirms your recent payment to The Ohio State University. Your account should be updated within 3-5 business days. If you do not see the expected update in your Applicant Center after that time, please contact Undergraduate Admissions at askabuckeye@osu.edu or Graduate and Professional Admissions at gpadmissions@osu.edu; do NOT initiate an additional payment.

Good news for your friend! So far she is the only person I’ve heard about who was accepted on a ‘Rolling’ basis. The office continually tells people that deferred applicants will be accepted on a Rolling basis from now until the end of March.

1 Like

Does anyone know when Financial Aid Information is supposed to be released?

i believe others noted it would be generated at the end of this week as Merit was all mailed out by end of last week. just waiting to officially hear if I got any merit. I think I really got burned by all 6 SAT tests that I signed up for being cancelled

I received the Maximus and National Buckeye in the mail last week. So will those finally be in the system tomorrow?

so if we get deferred does that mean we dont get any scholarships or honors? i applied for morrill and honors

are there still merit scholarships that could be mailed out?