Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

Unfortunately no. I am 1000% sure they are done mailing them. You may not have received the letter yet, but they have all been sent. You can call admissions and ask and they will tell you if you received one

would it be better to call admissions or the financial aid office?

Don’t give up yet! Nephew sent this.

“Congratulations on your acceptance and we are excited to have you as a buckeye! All financial aid for incoming freshmen for the Autumn 2021 semester will be released in early to mid march. This will included scholarships, grants and offered federal loans. If you are award any merit based scholarships it will be included in that package. You will be able to view this on your buckeye link under you view financial aid page on the aid summary. For information about honors and scholars please contact their office at honors-scholars@osu.edu or 614-292-3135.”

Has anyone received (or know of anyone who has received) their financial aid package yet? Just wondering
it’s already early March.

@OSU95 Nope. We are still waiting.

Though my son didn’t receive an email about it, he was able to view his financial aid award letter just now through the buckeye link (buckeyelink.osu.edu). No merit. Only federal loans. Disappointing, but at least lets us move on and narrow down our list.

I only have financial aid so far too. I don’t think that is the final one, they keep adding stuff.

Thanks. I’ll definitely have him try back later after he receives his official email notification, but I’m not holding out too much hope for merit at this point.

I would be genuinely shocked if I did not get merit aid based on conversations I have had with admissions people and the SFA office. I am hoping that the merit aid comes in a different letter or section, there is nowhere on the financial aid printable letter that shows a merit aid category. I am going to wait and see after they send emails out.

Admissions handles merit aid

I spoke with the head of admissions 4 times last week. The above statement is true and yes if you are received merit aid it will be included in the financial aid package, but all the determinations of merit aid are final at this point and if you call financial aid or even better admissions and they say there is no merit aid for your student there are no more awards being given. They send it through snail mail so you may not have received it ey, but if you call and it is not showing then there won’t be any merit. There may still be grants and other financial aid but no merit. @H0llyw00d can share that this info is correct

1 Like

My morrill excellence scholarship appears on my financial aid package, so merit aid is included

I was SHOCKED when my son did not get merit aid either. Same as you we spoke with admissions and SFA more than 10 times over the past 3 months. I am not saying you won’t get it. They send it snail mail and then eventually it is in the system. If you call admissions they can tell you today if you are receiving merit aid, but at this point I have been told both verbally and in writing from head of admissions that they are done with merit aid

I feel you. We are in the same boat. It has been an awful process this year

2 Likes

My daughter just received an e-mail saying that financial aid information is availabe at the buckeye link, but we could not access it. Is anyone else having a hard time trying to access it?

We just accessed it on buckeye link this morning. Full financial award was listed.

We were on a regional zoom with OSU admissions last night and they confirmed ALL merit has been sent out. They also said that financial aid was sent out yesterday (not sure if that meant via mail or posted to our accounts).

1 Like

Thanks for the answers. We will keep trying.

I interviewed for the alumni scholarship, but it’s not showing in the financial aid award so I guess I didn’t get it? Also, under the to do list tab with loan offerings it shows shows student athlete but it’s says complete with no money in there but it’s in the to do list section. I guess that means I am a student athlete awarded no money? I sent an email to ask.

I haven’t heard of anyone getting off deferred list either yet. My son was deferred in December with a 4.5 (out of 5), 1450 (790 math), 5 AP’s from a very highly ranked NY public HS. Hope they let him know soon

2 Likes