Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

Sharing the below information which compares 2020 v 2021:
wk Applications, Accepted, Acceptance Fee Paid
12/7 40759 - 47612, 7503 - 132, 434 - 132
12/14 41449 - 48385, 12502 - 13803, 480 - 139

Congratulations to those that were accepted and good luck to those still waiting (the acceptances are random so don’t be concerned).

4 Likes

hi when did you see that there was a lock next to that specific question? For me it is locked but my application still says that it is under evaluation.

2 Likes

same

@smgins Are athletes the students that were accepted by 12/7?

My daughter was accepted and she is not an athlete.

1 Like

no athlete, DD did audition for the BFA dance program, which she has not heard back from

1 Like

https://honors-scholars.osu.edu/honors/faqs

Are any announcements coming out during the week or will it be Friday again? Need to tell the kid to stop refreshing if it will be Friday.

2 Likes

Can we even check this Friday? On the portal: " Buckeye Link will be down for a system upgrade from 5 p.m. Friday, December 18 until 5 p.m. Sunday, December 20."

1 Like

Does anyone know what a 3+ means vs a 3 in the Ohio State section where it lists acceptable AP score to get credit. If I got a 3 on a AP test does it not count? I’ve never heard of a 3+ or 4+ before. Thank You!

@ehk123 I would venture to guess that 3+ means a “3” or better. It isn’t evident that for some classes, they show a 3 and some a 3+. Maybe ask admissions?

@collegebound4 & @swimwiththefish Congratulations to your daughters! I thought all EA decisions were released on 12/11 & 1/29. Wishing everyone the best of luck with an amazing college experience.

May not see any more decisions until Friday, January 29th!

I found out about the whole lock thing the day they were releasing decisions(12/11) and saw it there in the afternoon. I was then accepted at around 7:30 Central Time.

1 Like

New here:

My daughter got notification of acceptance to OSU Music School Dec 8, through email and admittance to OSU through portal. Once she saw the admittance to the music school, she checked the portal.

2 Likes

Did everyone get the apply for the Morrill scholarship program email?

I did and I am still in evaluation. Do you think that means anything?

I hope so, but I am not entirely sure.

What did the email say? I already applied to the MSP and already been admitted to OSU but didn’t get the email.

Has anyone that has been admitted received the acceptance packet in the mail yet?