Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

I figured they would eventually announce this as so many other schools have. It’s got to make the job of admissions harder to have one less metric for some students.

Helpful updated application information:

“To give students additional time to complete their early action applications, Ohio State’s early action deadline is now November 15, 2020 (previously November 1) for new first-year students applying to the Columbus campus. The regular decision deadline remains February 1, 2021. The application deadlines for transfer students remain the same.”

“First-year students applying to the Columbus campus may use the Common Application, beginning August 1, 2020. To streamline our admissions process, Ohio State will discontinue accepting the Coalition for College application in the 2021 admissions cycle. Students applying to regional campuses or as a transfer will continue to use our Ohio State application.”

Additional info. at:

https://undergrad.osu.edu/covid-19-response/students-applying-for-autumn-2021

Has anyone started their common app yet?

Here is a link to some virtual admissions sessions you can register to attend, or watch a recorded admissions overview.

https://campusvisit.osu.edu/future-buckeyes/virtual/

In addition to state/national Horatio scholarships there is also a targeted scholarship for future Buckeyes:

Trott Family Scholarship (5 awards at $30,000 each)
The Trott Family Scholarship is funded by Association Member Byron Trott, Chairman and CEO of BDT & Company.

DEADLINE TO APPLY: SEPTEMBER 25

High school senior planning to attend Ohio State University
Will submit an application for early decision/early action (by Nov. 1)
Academic achievement (minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5)
Applying for this scholarship will also make you eligible for national/state scholarship awards

from https://scholars.horatioalger.org/about-our-scholarship-programs/targeted-scholarships/

Critical financial need ($55,000 or less adjusted gross income per family is required) along with integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity and United States citizenship.

If you’ve missed the Sept 25 deadline, note that the state scholarships for Horatio are still open until Oct. 25. See https://scholars.horatioalger.org/about-our-scholarship-programs/state-scholarships/

OSU’s autumn enrollment report is out.

"Some of the highlights in the report include:

New first-year students at Ohio State increased to a record-high 11,318 (+6.0%).
Undergraduate students at the Columbus campus increased to a record-high 46,984 (+0.4%).

Total female student enrollment at all campuses and all levels increased to a record-high 35,100 (+1.2%).

Total Hispanic student enrollment at all campuses and all levels increased to 3,550 (+7.3%).

African American student enrollment at all campuses and all levels increased to 5,013 (+8.1%).

The total number of minority students enrolled at all campuses and all levels increased to 16,246 (+6.3%)."

https://news.osu.edu/ohio-state-reports-record-high-enrollment-for-first-year-and-minority-students/

The youngest of our 3 has sent in his application and now we wait. I’m wondering if we all think OSU’s rolling acceptances will continue this year as in the past - just starting a couple weeks later to account for the fact that they gave students 2 extra weeks to apply. Both of our older kids found out around the 3rd week of November! The wait is gonna be grueling!!! :slight_smile:

@ohiomomof3 Admissions told my daughter that Early Action decisions would be released on either December 11th or January 29th. It seems there is no need to guess this year!

Thanks for that info. My third has also applied so we are anxiously awaiting a decision. He has the highest act of all of them but you still don’t know especially since they made ACT optional this year.

oh good to know! Thanks for sharing @H0llyw00d

hey guys! congrats to everyone who have been accepted so far!

if you have instagram, be sure to follow @ohiostate_2025 so that you can introduce yourself to fellow buckeyes and also meet new people!

Just starting this up to see if anyone has any infomation about when OSU decisons will be realsed or if anyone has anything to say regarding OSU for 2025 students.

Ohio State website says by the end of January for EA. If anyone know when the college starts sending out decisions, I’d love to know.

Follow the other EA thread on here. EA will be released in two waves: tomorrow Dec 11 or next month on Jan 29. No known rationale for who finds out on which date.

For those hearing today, is there a time when they’ll be released?

My daughter heard this morning. :blush:She was EA.

Okay, I’m confused by the merging and closing of the ‘admissions’ thread, since the most recent posts on this ‘official thread’ are 20 days old. Hmmm

1 Like

For some reason, the system appended the posts from the closed thread instead of insetting by date. I’ve brought the issue to the admin’s attention. Meanwhile, all posts are still here. The last reply before the merge is 563 above.

3 Likes

Hello - Should we still be posting on this one, or does something else need to happen, now that posts aren’t consecutive? Thanks so much, just wondering!

Yes. Continue to post on this thread.

1 Like