Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

Hello, All! Just want to make sure we’re all on board to continue posting about OSU admissions? Now that we’re coming back from the holidays…

5 Likes

Has anyone received a financial aid package? I was admitted in the first wave and had my FAFSA / CSS in on October first. They said they received it Dec 15, and I still have nothing.

@covcoll Yes, absolutely!

No, I don’t believe the financial aid packages will be out until Feb (Mar?).

1 Like

So if you put down Business as your intended major…and are accepted into OSU - is the admission into Fisher automatic? My son listed business, got accepted - never heard anything separate from Fisher…but just got an email that says “congrats on your admission to OSU and Fisher…join us for a visit” kind of thing…??

1 Like

@Jen136 Sounds like he’s a direct admit, yay!

S just got a direct admit letter a couple of days ago.

Is there any other type of admit to the business school other than direct admit? Or when you accepted to the school, you are accepted to business?

@Jen136 In prior years you had to have certain stats to be direct admitted to Fisher. Anyone below that would have to earn their way in with a certain gpa (I can’t remember if it was end of freshman year or what). However, I just looked at the website and the language has changed! Now it says if you apply for business and are admitted to the Columbus campus then you are a direct admit. Interesting! I wonder if they changed it because some applicants are test optional?

Right? So confusing. I guess, for this year at least, the admission rate into Fisher is the same as OSU…?

1 Like

My son just received his official welcome brochure and acceptance letter after being accepted on December 11th. The envelope was postmarked December 15th, but we didn’t receive it until today. I can only imagine how overwhelmed the mail system has been to receive it so late.

OK OSU, let’s see some acceptances roll in tomorrow!!

7 Likes

My daughter was accepted Dec 11, and just received a small letter congratulations but still no brochure or anything

My daughter applied EA and hasn’t heard a decision yet. Today she received an email from admissions encouraging her to apply for Honors or Scholars.
It said this: Deadline extended!
You’re an exceptional student. Honors and Scholars might be for you!
We think you might like being part of one of these programs for motivated high-ability students:

University Honors
features enriched academic experiences, advanced course work and research.

Ohio State Scholars
offers co-curricular opportunities through 17 theme-based, living-learning cohorts.
To learn more about Honors and Scholars,
check out our
recorded webinars
Respond by
January 15

Do they send this to everyone, or should we read into this that it’s a good sign that she will be accepted?

My twin daughters got that email today too. Not that it makes it common just because a couple of additional students got it. I would think it that would be a good indication of acceptance though (although my DDs are not interested in going here regardless).

Seems like a great sign! My S21 had already applied to Honors and Scholars when he sent his application in…

Did anyone hear back about Morrill?

1 Like

My son received that too. I think it’s a special invite since the deadline was extended from 11/15 to 2/1.

1 Like

To add: He did get into OSU in the first wave and accepted to Honors College.

I got the same email, and also have not received a decision. It’s weird because I also wrote the fictional character essay upon applying that they recommend I write in the email. I’m not going to look into it. Fingers crossed for January 29!