Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

Did your son receive the acceptance into Honors at the same time he received general admission into OSU? I was admitted in the first wave, but still waiting on Honors/Morrill.

He got Honors acceptance on 12/20, Morrill email on 12/18. :thinking:

If you don’t mind, which morrill award did he receive? Also, what was his essay about? Thanks in advance

Morrill decisions aren’t for awhile
just emails to apply went out. Means nothing really.

Actually my kid was notified today that she was selected for the MSP Excellence.

@BeachPlease

how were you notified?

He hasn’t heard back anything yet. He submitted his essay just last week. It was mostly about volunteerism and growing up as part of a spiritual group that has at its core, unity and brotherhood.

Wow that’s awesome. When did she apply for Morrill?

Notification was via email.

1 Like

It was with EA and Honors/Scholars. I think maybe first of November

1 Like

Congrats! May I ask what you think that made her stand out from the rest of the MSP applicants?

Don’t get too pumped up. That’s an automated message. Thousands of students receive it.

@hopeforthebest123 it wasn’t the “you qualify so please apply” that goes out. It was an actual “congratulations you have been selected to receive” with specific award information, retention criteria, etc.

@ethan10 - She has great stats and significant leadership experience for her age, but more importantly a long - and strong - history of advocacy with a focus on inclusion. She has well over 1,000 volunteer hours just since high school working with students with special needs, is a volunteer coach and unified player for Special Olympics, has led school wide inclusion initiatives and is on our school district’s Diversity, Inclusion and Equity task force. For her this award doesn’t just represent tuition $$ but rather an opportunity to continue her work to make a difference in her community and she indicated that in the essay.

5 Likes

Sounds like it went to a very deserving scholar. Congratulations to your daughter and wishing her all the very best at OSU and beyond with this amazing work she is doing. Bless her heart.

4 Likes

@Aksai108 thank you! And best of luck to your son as well!

Lots of chatter on here about honors and scholarships but not much at all about new acceptances. So I guess we’re waiting until Jan 29?

Anyone hear anything?

Nope. Still waiting

1 Like

Received Morrill Prominence Award (full tuition) notification on 1/8! Most of my diversity leadership has been on improving police-student relations on and around school campuses.

I’ve heard nothing about Honors acceptance yet.

Good luck to everyone!

7 Likes

Congratulations, that’s amazing! How did you hear? Snail mail, portal, email?

Again, congratulations, you seem like a perfect, well-deserved candidate.

1 Like