Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

Awesome, thank you!

Hi guys! My son was admitted to the University of Michigan last year (I know, I know) and this year my other son is awaiting his decision from THE Ohio State :slight_smile: I’m not as tech savvy as my sons, but I remember last year the day before Michigan decisions came out, there was a trick to use “view-source” before the web address on their student portal. This would bring up a bunch of HTML jumble. If they scrolled to the bottom, some students had indicators that they were going to be accepted/denied. If memory serves me, they could see “final transcript” and “accept/decline” in the source code. If anybody is tech-savvy and understands what I’m saying, maybe worth a try! You may be able to find the instructions in the UMich 2024 CC thread around March. On another note - keep your heads up regardless of your decisions! My son was NOT thrilled about going to Michigan, but didn’t get into one Ivy or Northwestern or U of Chicago. It was such a rough spring in our household! He decided to go to UM and absolutely LOVED it. You will all end up exactly where you’re supposed to be. Good luck!

2 Likes

Sorry, can somebody help me
on scholarship universe, the second page of answers there is a question that says, “In what percent of your high school class did you graduate?” My son’s number is 86, which doesn’t seem right. Does this mean that he is in the top 14% of his class or the top 86%?

Top 14%

I’m no computer code expert, but I just looked and couldn’t find anything promising

Oh wow - that’s higher than we expected. I don’t think he will get into OSU, but fingers crossed!! Thank you for your help!

mine is in the 90s which is definitely not right lol. I think they don’t mean anything

1 Like

Actually, on the scholarship universe questions page, there is code that says defer!

Could someone else possibly try this?

Are you using Chrome or something and looking at the source code?

Darn! Were you able to see the source code, though? I remember sifting through a mess of words all jumbled together and finding just a couple that indicated that he was in. Haha why are the last 24 hours so difficult?! Thank you!

I click “View Page Source” then control F and searched admit, defer and defer came up a number of times for me. Yes, on Chrome.

1 Like

Oh really?? I will try if you tell me exactly how to get to the source data.

i right clicked on the page and went to “View Page Source”. I then hit control + F and typed in defer and sure enough, it was there.

I just checked. Mine says defer aswell.

in the source code.

Shoot - I can’t do it on my Mac. Ugh
well maybe everybody has defer :frowning:

I did it on mac.

Defer doesn’t show up for me. What page did you click on to find the source data?

lmao yall on some next level, it isn’t going to indicate anything

1 Like