Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

You got scholarship notification today? I am so jealous. My son got admitted in December and heard about Scholars approximately 3 weeks ago. Waiting on the Buckeye Scholarship and Provost. He did not apply for Morrill. Do you happen to know if the information you recieved by snail mail is also in his portal?

1 Like

rejected, oos. pretty sad bc osu was my #1 school but its ok. ill get over it or maybe ill even transfer next year if i have to

For sure transfer! Iā€™m planning on going to Columbus State Community college and transferring. Iā€™m from OOS too just have to move there and claim residence.

1 Like

depends where else i get into. got into one of my other tops today so weā€™ll see how things play out

I agree! ive sent OSU multiple emails and they never responded back to me. very dissapointing.

A friend of mine didnā€™t hear her application status till 10pm in the first round and she was accepted. Another friend of mine who was a swim recruit didnā€™t hear back until late at night eitherā€¦ Hang in there everyone!

I donā€™t think heā€™s looked into his portal after the letter. Iā€™ll update, once he does.

1 Like

Thanks. I am just curious. Being OOS we are counting on the Buckeye Scholarship and maybe provost and Garnet and Grey. We are concerned about the Buckeye because he went test optional.

Yeah can understand the anxiety. We were waiting on this one too, which makes it just a bit more affordable. Fingers crossed for your son. Iā€™ll update on this thread once he checks. It might be awhile. :roll_eyes:Teens.

Will be interesting how that works out for everyone. I believe last year 1420 was the magic SAT number.

Thanks. Crossing my fingers. Itā€™s amazing how teens can be on social media and technology all day, but when we need them to look at something it takes time. Do you happen to know if your son applied with scores or test optional? We did test optional because we were limited in chances to test in FL and he only had a 29. Right at the cutoff for Buckeye scholarship (heā€™s in top 3% of class) but he was afraid it would hurt him. Now I am concerned

I was going to try and find somewhere to take the last one even though I assumed I would already be admitted for OSU and U of Cincy. Cincy needed it for the BS/MD program which they ended up cancelling this year and OSU said it wouldnā€™t be necessary so who knows.

You canā€™t just move to Ohio and claim residence there. Residence is based on where your parents live. Check the residency information on the website.

From what the OSU recruiter (who we met with multiple times) told us, an ACT of 29 ā€œguaranteedā€ you the Buckeye as long as you were in the top 5%. That may change this year. We were counting on that so I hope it comes through

You can, you just have to live there for a year and have money.

Not sure about OSU but some school like UT are a big help to get kids residency by their second year.

2. What are the requirements for establishing Ohio residency for tuition purposes?

• The student is expected to live in Ohio for a full 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the term for which he/she is applying for residency.
  • The student should demonstrate his/her intent to become an Ohio resident by transferring any items of registration to Ohio such as a driverā€™s license, automobile registration, and voter registration (if applicable). These documents must be issued before the first day of classes.
  • The student must demonstrate that during the 12-month period while establishing residency, that he/she have had sufficient income to meet all expenses without the need of money from outside the State of Ohio. Documentation of income sources used during the 12-month period is required.

correct, you must live there for 12 months and be self sustaining. Thatā€™s what im talking about

Son was accepted OOS. The decision was posted to the portal shortly after 5pm eastern. No email yet. Good luck to all who are still waiting!

Email takes a day or two sometimes for some reason. Congrats!