Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

me too! this is so frustrating.

Has anyone figured out how to withdraw your application? Dd was deferred yesterday by OSU but accepted to one of her 1st choices so a big :fu:to OSU lol just kidding.

1 Like

The accept/decline link in the portal is the easiest or you can always email admissions.

1 Like

Did anyone elseā€™s DS or DD get an email last night that said something like ā€œ we are continuing to review your application and will reach out to you when we make a decision. All decisions will be rolling from now until Marchā€.

Any idea if this is better or worse than being deferred? Or the same thing?

They sent you that email? Did you get deferred?

They sent my son that email. The language sounds a bit different than the deferral notification on the portal but Iā€™ve yet to get him to look on the portal. :roll_eyes: Boys!

i got that too and i was deferred. i think its just an informative email on the next steps and whatā€™s to come because of the deferral

soooooo wait since in the deferral email it says not to send any more info and they will use what you submitted on your initial app but should i send a letter of continued interest still or no?

Do we get a notification if weā€™re denied from OSU honors, or do they only send a message if youā€™re accepted?

I would!

1 Like

Itā€™s a deferral. My dd was deferred on the portal & got the same email.

He sent a ty note to that email. Hope thatā€™s ok. Iā€™m sure it does mean he was deferred.

i got a rejection email from them late last night, i said ā€œPain.ā€

Nothing here yet. OOS from VA.

may i ask what he said in that email? i honestly am not sure what to do

According to what others have said, you will get at least a email even if you are denied. Iā€™m waiting for OSU honors as well :slight_smile:

Did anyone else hear anything today? Or are we assuming thatā€™s the end of early action decisions? I really donā€™t understand why I donā€™t have mine. Iā€™m not sure what to do at this point.

Are you sure you applied in time for EA?

I applied EA on August 2nd and still donā€™t have mine.

So strange. I heard Dec 11 and applied with less than 45 mins before deadline in Nov.

1 Like