Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

That’s ridiculous - OSU can’t “unsee” test scores. Your counselor should have followed your lead.

I expect this to be the trend this year, and waitlists will be a good position to be in.

Same thing happened to my twin brother who was deferred. ACT sent the scores direct based on the school we chose when initially signing up.

Thank you !! This helps. This is exactly the scenario that my daughter is in. She talked to her college counselor and her counselor said that if you are test-optional, colleges don’t look at your score even if they somehow got sent. Hopefully this is true. I really hope something can be done before the next round of decisions come in, so she gets into main campus. Best of luck to you!

Just accepted on 1/29/21. I got significant merit scholarship to every other school I applied but nothing from OSU. Does merit come separate and if so - how long does that usually take? I do know about Scholarship Universe for outside scholarships.

It’s rolling so anytime between now and April.

yeah, and the scores displayed on my transcript are my first scores which are not as good at the scores i would’ve sent if i wasn’t test optional.

That’s because many of those admitted this year were just admitted on fridat where as last year about the same number was admitted throughout many Fridays, not just 2 like this year. The number is commitments will rise a lot.

i called office of admissions yesterday and they said that scholarship money will come out in february. i got accepted to OSU in the first wave (early dec), so i’m not sure if that means i will get my scholarhship stuff before the people from the second wave

1 Like

Deferred

1 Like

@xxpianoxx123 Scholarships should be interesting too. I know some OOS people have received their snail mail about scholarships, so they are starting to roll out. Remember that just because you qualify doesn’t mean you automatically get it, which is unfortunate. We are really hoping to see that OSU envelope in the mail in the next few weeks!

3.7 Unweighted with 7 AP classes and 1 Dual enrollment. In state and 31 ACT 8 on writing

Merit will come by snail mail, but could be several weeks after acceptance, so hang in there.

1 Like

im hoping to get that national buckeye scholarship too!! i really want to go to OSU and i can’t go if i don’t get the scholarship bc it costs too much

1 Like

I knew you would get in!! congrats!

I thought in past years the $12,500 Buckeye scholarship was automatic for certain OOS scores and grades? Do you know how they are doing it this year since it was test optional?

It was not automatic last year. There are minimum criteria, but not everyone meeting those criteria are offered that scholarship. Good luck!

That is exactly that I thought. We met with an OSU recruiter and he said it was automatic based on grades and test scores. I am hoping we don’t get screwed this year because that is what makes it affordable out of state

Ah - ok thanks. A parent of a current student who gets that scholarship told me it was automatic but they may be have been mistaken. But regardless it sounds like they haven’t notified people yet even if they got their acceptance back in December?

I’m not sure. My son was admitted in January last year and it was several weeks before we received a letter in the mail with scholarship info. Sorry, I can’t remember the exact dates, although this year the normal dates are out the window apparently. You could always call the financial aid office and ask about it. My son is now a freshman, and whenever we’ve had to call about anything they are always nice and helpful (which is a pleasant surprise considering the size of the school).