Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

I was told they would be looked at if they were submitted. But there aren’t any minimums in order to be considered since so many applied test optional.

1 Like

Just a quick question. Are you allowed to to write a deferral letter to the admissions office? My daughter got an email saying there was no need for additional materials, and that they were going to review her application based on what was submitted. Thanks.

@Buckeye2207 My opinion is that if your daughter’s top choice is OSU, and you would enroll if her deferral became an acceptance, then I think she has nothing to lose by sending her AO an email of continued interest as her first choice. They may not consider it, but if you never send it, you’ll never know. And if there is that yield awareness, it would be a slam dunk for the AO to accept her. Good luck!

Last year for the national buckeye scholarship (13.5k), it was 29 act or 1330 sat, and top 25% of graduating class. admissions office said that this year itll be a holistic review: they will look at test scores, gpa, class rank, and interest in school

2 Likes

i talked to my admission counselor about this today and he told me not to because they have an extreme amount of deferrals the dont want any new information

I imagine there are many that have recently or will soon withdraw their applications as ED and EII continue to come out.

I forgot the handle of the person that I was supposed to post this info for on the National Buckeye and Provost Scholarships. My son got the letter in the mail on 1/29 (it was dated 1/27). He logged into his portal but it doesn’t really show up there in any way from what he could see so far. Hope that answers your question.

What date did he apply? That might help see where there are in this rolling process.

Do you mind sharing his stats? Thanks!

Aksai108
Dec '20
Accepted
Male
OOS
Applied 11/15
Major: Computer Science &Engineering
GPA: 4.0UW 4.6W
SAT: 1510
7 APs
Decent extra curriculars

11/15. Right on D-Day.

Can I apply to scholarships on scholarship universe if I am not committed? There’s a question that says: “Describe a specific Ohio State experience that has impacted you during your time as an Ohio State student.”

4.67W GPA 4.0UW
1510 SAT
7 APs, 8 Honors classes
Decent ECs
Applied for Computer Engineering

HTH! Best wishes to everyone.

@2025gn We also had questions if we should be filling out Scholarship Universe if we weren’t even committed yet. Did your profile get prepopulated for you based on your application? And is that data locked so you cannot edit it?

Yes it’s locked

That was me. Thank you so much. My son said there is still nothing in his portal and we are still waiting on snail mail as well. Congrats to your son and thank you for responding

We were told that yes you should fill it out even if not committed. They also said that some of the questions are geared towards returning students so you can leave those blank. HTH

2 Likes

One more question. Thank you for your help.

Had he “committed” to OSU before hearing about the scholarships. Just trying to determine if they are sending scholarship and financial aid letters to people who are committed first. It seems like they have no strategy or sense to their acceptances or financial aid

For those interested in the Morrill Distinction interviews. the director mentioned via email that the dates are 2/22 through 3/5 and no emails have been sent to finalize this process. I was worried she had missed an email but glad its still being put together. Like every other college office seems like everything is pushed back.

these will be phone or virtual interviews vs in person in previous years.

1 Like

My daughter filled them out - and she has not committed yet.