Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

I think so. My mom did the FAFSA not me ha ha ha

1 Like

Itā€™s tied to it, but a different value. The EFC is the Expected Family Contribution and shows how much you and your family ā€œshouldā€ be able to afford to pay for college. Letā€™s say your EFC is $50,000 but the college costs $25,000, then they wouldnā€™t offer aid (gov loans, financial aid offers, etc). Not to be confused with merit scholarships (anyone can get those). On the flip side, if your EFC is $15,000, then the school will find ways to offset the $10,00 to help you afford college. Thatā€™s way oversimplified, but the basic sense of it.

Me too my son submitted his but it was not as good as it could have been if things were ā€œnormalā€. He commented that it was uncomfortable sitting for hours in a mask and focusing was a little off. I really wish I had him go test optional at this point.

1 Like

I am very upset, hoping to know more soon!

Thank you!! Iā€™m not sure of their appeal processes (if any at all) but I would have to wait until the formally reject me I think. Hopefully I will get a decision this Friday. Otherwise I am going to begin to explore my other options.

@ehk123 Was that email sent to your personal email or your Buckeye email?

I didnā€™t get any email. I logged into the portal and clicked on the financial aid at the bottom right. Then it teen to another screen and I clicked again and saw it. Thereā€™s nothing there like award money, but at least itā€™s getting there

1 Like

@Xanthous1 Iā€™m in the same boat. I was encouraged to have my daughter submit her score b/c it fell within the middle 50% (but at the bottom of the range). I fear that TO would have been the better route to go in terms of merit. I was trying to think about how TO would qualify for National Buckeye plus Maximus without that score. I am also confused about how they determine class rank. Our HS doesnā€™t rank, but if you look at the HS profile, you can see where my daughter would fall; however, when she filled out Scholarship Universe, her Class Rank was pre-populated with a higher rank which I could not change. Itā€™s such a mystery!

Same boat here - went TO - the class rank on scholarship universe was pre-populated at 99 percent. Wondering what that means.

@american1991 The only thing I can think of would be based on GPA and maybe rigor? The more I try to figure this out, the more my head hurts. We are scarred from our first disappointment when my son applied 4 years ago that we arenā€™t expecting anything other than a challenging conversation with my daughter about giving more consideration to a school that shows her love. We are expecting the worst but hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Thats what I was hopingā€¦ rigor and 4.0 lots of extracurriculars- keeping our fingers crossed. The waiting is the worst part. Once we have an answer we can push forward.

1 Like

Did you fill out the scholarship universe?

Yes

Did you get full buckeye?

Is scholarship universe necessary for the auto scholarships like national buckeye? I donā€™t remember that from last year.

@Jen136 Yes. My daughter filled out SU.

@rbc2018 i didnā€™t think you needed that for National Buckeye. The people we know who got Buckeye and had no intention of going to OSU never filled it out. I thought Scholarship Universe was only for other scholarships.

2 Likes

National Buckeye is auto merit scholarships. Youā€™re automatically considered for it when you apply by the EA deadline. The SU is for other scholarships from within the departments of the school and external scholarships. Like my son just applied to some engineering scholarships for OSU through the Scholarship Universe.

Hello everyone! I was wondering if all of morrill scholarship has been awarded? My D has a friend that received notification of an interview?

The Morrill Scholarship decisions are given out on a rolling basis. Your daughter would have qualified for the Distinction Award if she has received the form regarding the time slots for the interview. I think the scholarships are awarded through March as well, but Iā€™m pretty sure I read that on the Morrill Scholars Class of 2025 thread