Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

I wonder if they mail in alphabetical order? For merit stuff. We are W so always last. Or maybe the weather. I can’t say I do or don’t expect Buckeye or the others but my son is competitive enough. Hell, a post card saying to bad so sad is better than nada. Seems like a bunch are coming in these week so fingers still crosses.

@LDL One enrolled at the University of Michigan; two enrolled at Wisconsin.

@ABW22003 We are K, and I know an L and an S who got their merit award letter yesterday. One having given her enrollment deposit, and another showed no interest in OSU. It is bittersweet that all of her friends who received merit and have no interest in OSU want so badly to bequeath the scholarship to her. I wish it didn’t have to be this way and that holistically, she would make the cut for merit. There are still two more weeks before the end of the month, so we’ll continue to hope for the best, but my gut tells me my daughter is setting herself up for a huge disappointment.

My daughter still hasn’t heard anything about merit (OOS). She has a stronger app in every way (EVERY way) than my son who received merit last year. It’s hard to understand what they look for.

1 Like

same situation here for my daughter, strong application still heard nothing about merit

2 Likes

I was taking a shot at it and hoping there was a pattern but…It would be helpful later more than now with the GI BILL months he gets Year one is pretty much covered. I think they keep GI Bill users at IN state after the benefits expire. I know for sure some schools (usually state ones do this) but I can’t get a 100% solid confirmation of this. That would be a game changer combined with his athletic scholarship. In the end, we will make it work because the opportunity is too good. If any can confirm or knows about the GI Bill I’d love to hear. I have faith some merit will come, the other 6 schools all provided a decent amount so we will see.

Do merit scholarship awards show in the portal??? Or is it just notification by mail? In state student waiting…

Michigan and Wisconsin are two great schools. Congrats to them.

The person I spoke to last week about merit $$s told me they would continue offering scholarships until the end of February. I hope your daughter hears great news real soon!

1 Like

When we called last week, we were told the “usual” process is that you would get a letter in the mail first. Then you should see it in your portal a couple of days later. But with some mail being delayed, we were told that you might see it in the portal first.

2 Likes

We are B last name accepted in Dec and have strong stats. No merit yet…and OOS

My D21 IS received merit letter yesterday. last name S

At least you and I know we aren’t alone! I always hope to hear something came in the mail for OSU. Like, I said we are committed at this point so if it comes awesome, if not we will deal. I will update this board when and if it comes…or I see it on the Mybuckeye portal…I assume it falls under Student Financial Aid box?

1 Like

Cool! She get the whole thing? I wonder if Buckeye is all or not? Many school have similar awards with graduated levels of aid.

@LDL Thank you so much! Good luck to your son (both of them!)

My merit award came in the mail today but was postmarked for the 10th so it does take a while to arrive.

2 Likes

When is first wave of RD decisions coming out

Supposed to be this Friday 2/19.

I am so frustrated. False alarm. I got a message from post office (we get a snapshot of our mail every morning) that we had mail from OSU and on the picture it said (are you ready? Your financial aid offer is coming)… and there was a second envelope also from OSU. I was certain it was finally what we are waiting for. It was a tease. Just a brochure from Academic Services and the teaser postcard. Anyone else get that postcard first? I am worried that we will only get financial aid (need based) and not merit aid. Anyone else have this. We are all the way in FL so maybe the mail is slow with Covid, weather, and holiday weekend. I am getting tempted to contact the school. S was admitted in December

1 Like

My sister and I got the same postcard and we withdrew our applications over a month ago. GA

Good luck to everyone! When you have a decision, I created a poll to track results.

if you get a maximus/provost scholarship does that take you out of the running for Morrill? also, do eminence scholars get a notif for them as finalists (since the full ride is still up in the air for them)?