Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

We got same thing , Did call the school got know where other than merit will come out till end of February and if you don’t hear then no merit and you cannot
Appeal :frowning:

Thanks for the information. Not what I wanted to hear but I appreciate it. I am just curious because I can’t see how my son won’t get any merit at all other than the fact that we did not submit test scores. He’s top 3% of class and in Scholars. I see that some people have already gotten it but I am not sure if they got only merit or merit plus financial aid.

1 Like

In the same boat here, very confused. Hopefully we will hear this week with good news!!

Good luck to you. Let me know. So unpredictable. Some other students were admitted in January and have already heard. My son heard in December and was accepted into Scholars in January and still no word. We actually visited there this weekend and he is all hyped. Top 3% of class, 4 year captain of 2 varsity sports, student council, tons of ECs… just no test scores… Recruiter said he was a shoo-in for Buckeye and either Provost or Maximus. I did the EFC but had to put in test scores so who the heck knows. We are also expecting financial aid because EFC is $0. Maybe it comes later because of that

Good luck to your son also, we also heard in December, also accepted to scholars, also high stats so not sure the logic here but like everything this year unpredictable we will wait. We are going end of February to see and OSU is one of her top choices.

I am glad to hear we are not alone. What Scholars program did your daughter get into? My son is in Politics, Society and Law. We were only there for one day because we had to leave early with the storm coming. He loved it

are deferral decisions going to come out this Friday too??

She was admitted to humanities scholars and will be a Psych major. Looking forward to seeing in person the school, and have friends who attend now who will show her and a friend around.

We had a current student show us around too. I found her on Facebook. It was a great experience. Let me know when you hear about financial aid. I will do the same. Good luck

Definitely and good luck to you also!

@rockers987 Congratulations!

@wlehockey Same here. Postcard and then the brochure. We are also worried.

we did

You got the postcard and then you received a merit scholarship?

S21 received snail-mail yesterday with Provost Scholarship. EA Jan-29 acceptance.

When Ohio State determines your EFC and financial aid in their portal- do they normally provide a government grant to cover what goes beyond the EFC?

Or are they one of those schools that avoid the EFC and blow you off?

We are OOS, top of class, Scholars program and submitted great scores and still haven’t heard about any merit so I’m hopeful something is on it’s way…

I know it sucks, but it puts me a little at ease. Sounds like we are in the same boat. We got the dopey postcard yesterday

same…;-0