Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

What was your class rank in scholarship universe?

99%

I applied on August 2nd, got deferred on February 2nd. On their website it says that RD decisions start coming out tomorrow. Do you think there’s a chance I could get my final decision in the next 24 hours? An admissions rep said there was an accidental delay put on the release of my application status, and that I should’ve heard earlier. Any input would be great!

Not me :grimacing: anxious in state student waiting to hear for scholar selection and merit

If mail is delayed where do we go to look and see if we got any scholarships? It seems that it will show up a few days after you receive the snail mail
 but where exactly does it show up? Is it an email to your buckeye mail account or

Will some deffered ppl be accepted/rejected today?

Are decisions due out today for those who applied after the early admission deadline? My son submitted his app just after the new year.

Yeah they’re starting to release them today! Should begin at like 12 if it matches up with the last two application release times

Is that 12 eastern time? We are on the west coast.

Yep. I remember seeing people post on this thread starting at 12:00 eastern time. It was mainly international students first, and then it just continued throughout the day and into the evening. Just to warn you, you may not even receive a decision until Monday, if you’re even apart of this first round of RD.

Ask a Buckeye email today said that deferred decisions are not coming out just yet and will probably hear back in mid March. Did anyone else receive conflicting information from admissions? Or is everyone confident that deferred people will NOT find anything out today?

In the email, it says the decisions are rolling UNTIL March. The website also says they start releasing them today.

I hope you are right! Maybe the person that replied to our email was just a student helper and isn’t “in the loop.”

For the second release of EA decisions, I got my decision by 2:30 and some people got theirs before me. Make sure you just check the portal, because the emails come much later. Even though I was accepted by 2:30 on Jan. 29, I didn’t get the email until Feb. 1.

Because it makes NO SENSE. It would have been better to then wait to apply RD because you would have a chance to know today. There has to be some benefit to EA. Being deferred means your application is put back with the RD applicants. So why WOULDN’T some deferred people find out today? Anyone have insight on this?

1 Like

I said previously that the official OSU website says Feb 19 is the first round of RD decision releases, meaning some deferred people will be finding out today

If you were deferred and find out either way today, PLEASE POST!
I want the email we got from admissions to be wrong about this

byeee im so scared

I so agree!! I hope some deferred students hear today!!!

osu reject watching the results rn😀