Ohio State Class of 2025 Official Thread

Got a letter today dated 2/10 with National buckeye and provost scholarships, so that was a nice surprise (I was starting to think nothing was coming).

3 Likes

Congrats! Did you commit to going before you got the letter?

No, I get the impression it’s a separate process entirely (separate from admissions).

1 Like

If you don’t mind, what were your hs stats?

It’s my daughter. 4.0 UW, 10 APs, 35 ACT, lots of leadership, athletics, etc. I thought she would likely get something, but then you hear stories of really strong applicants who got nothing, so you never know.

I just called admissions and they informed me that deferrals could possibly find out today. If not today then March 29th. Just like RD.

See… just as I thought. Conflicting information from the same office. UGH.
But I hope that your answer is the correct one!

Me too! Been waiting a very long time!

They also told me the same thing when I called on January 29th right after I was deferred. I called not knowing what that meant exactly and that’s how the explained it; we are supposed to be compared to the RD and released with them.

My son was just accepted. He applied regular decision.

2 Likes

@rbc2018 Congratulations!

I was answering, and you deleted the question. I guess we can’t delete posts anymore!

1 Like

@rbc2018 Sorry! I saw your response about stats after I posted the question and realized you already shared the info. We are still waiting here and extremely are nervous that my daughter will not be a recipient.

1 Like

Good luck, hopefully snail mail is just really behind. :pray:

1 Like

S applied EA on Oct 19th.

Deferred on Jan 29th.

Still deferred today and we’re not expecting an answer anytime soon.

Ridiculous.

Daughter also accepted today with notification on the portal. This was, by far, the most anti-climatic announcement. Status changed from Evaluation to Admitted, and “Congratulations, you have been admitted to Ohio State! You will receive your notice of admission and acceptance fee statement soon.”

Does anyone know what that means and when it might arrive?

Do you think decisions are done coming out for today?

I’ve heard the same about the decision announcements being boring. By far, Purdue has been the best at making my son (and his parents) feel great upon acceptance.

4 Likes

has any deferral decisions come out?

just got in! same message in the portal as @MichMalibu

1 Like

I just got in bc I checked, but no email or message on my portal, it just said admitted. so bizarre