Ohio State- direct admit now?

Looks like OSU has changed gears and is now direct admit?
This is definitely new verbage, and entirely different from our tour last year…

Students Applying Directly from High School:

Senior-level high school students may apply directly to the College of Nursing BSN program for Autumn 2018 admission. The following items must be complete in order to be considered for admission to the BSN program:

Students must apply concurrently to:
The Ohio State University - through the Undergraduate Admissions website (by February 1, 2018)
Applicant must be accepted to The Ohio State University Columbus Campus only.
The College of Nursing BSN program - through the Professional Admissions website (by January 15, 2018)
Completion of all prerequisite courses by the end of the 2018 Spring Semester with a C+ or better.*
Minimum GPA of a 3.2 on a 4.0 scale on overall collegiate academic courses.
Completion of 30 semester credit hours of college coursework (25 of which are prerequisite courses) by the end of the 2018 Spring Semester.

My D inquired about this and received an email response from the office of enrollment services. The email response states she is accepted directly into Nursing. We will know for sure if and when we receive an acceptance letter that shows her major/program. The one we got (that I assume all admitted students received) states nothing about major or program.

OSU does show up on the direct entry nursing list with the stipulation that the student must also apply and be accepted into Honors. My D applied to Honors only for this reason but has not been notified if she is accepted into Honors or if that is even a requirement to get into Nursing.

I was always confused about Ohio State’s program. It sounds like it is direct admit for honors students only, but I have not looked into that because Ohio State was not a school she wanted to go to.

I do not think it direct admit. I think they have to apply by Jan. I wish it was direct admit , my daughter wants to go there but I think not being a direct admit is a major negative.