Oregon vs. Cal Poly SLO

<p>I've been accepted to both Oregon and Cal Poly SLO and will likely decide between these two schools. I will major in journalism in hopes of writing specifically in sports. I know Oregon has a very good journalism program, but I don't know much about Cal Poly's. SLO will be cheaper and nicer weather, however, Oregon has some of the best sports teams in the country and great internship opportunities (especially in sports). Was just wondering if anyone knew anything specifically about either program. Thanks.</p>

<p>Oregon is one of the top journalism schools in the nation, and it has produced many fine journalists and writers over the years, and they have great internships, you’re right. I don’t know much about Cal Poly, but I’d say Oregon definitely has a better program than they do…however, don’t put yourself into tremendous debt…how much cheaper is Cal Poly?</p>

<p>At the moment, Cal Poly is 20K cheaper, but I’m still waiting to see how much aid I’ll receive from Oregon. It may only be a couple thousand more when it’s all said and done. My guess is money won’t make a huge difference, but I’m leaning towards Oregon at the moment. Thanks for the input.</p>

<p>If it ends up being only a couple thousand in difference, I’d say Oregon. If for some reason you got nothing from Oregon, I’d say Cal Poly.</p>

<p>I believe Oregon will bring you way more opportunities as a sports journalist than SLO will. </p>

<p>If you’re OOS for Oregon, I don’t think you’ll receive too generous of a package. What state do you live in? You may be qualified for WICHE.
[WICHE</a> | Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education](<a href=“2014 Annual Report: WICHE - WICHE”>http://www.wiche.edu/)</p>