Organic Chem for Engineers

Hi everyone! A quick question that I could use advice on. I took orgo 1 and 2 at a community college in high school. I found it challenging but not awful (calc 2 was awful). It doesn’t transfer to my major at Purdue :frowning: . I am scheduled to take Purdue’s orgo chem 1 next semester (my first year on campus). How much more difficult will it be? Will my previous experience in the class be a big advantage? I’m really nervous cause all the hype around this class. Lmk what y’all think.

I took CHM 255 and CHM 256 in 2010/2011. If Dr. Chmielewski is still teaching, I think you are in luck as I think she does a great job of explaining the details that matter. Earning a good grade is achievable if you put in the effort. Don’t let others intimidate you. It is possible to do well. Spend time in the chem resource room if things aren’t clicking. Really make sure you understand the basic material from the initial lectures. Practice drawing the diagrams and understand what they represent. Best of luck this semester and BOILER UP!