Out of all of the UC's you applied to

<p>I'm totally shocked that so many have UCSB in the top 3. I visited all campuses and wasn't at all impressed. Except for the Lagoon, I loved that.</p>

<p>Ren the SAT'er: If you're not going to attend there, why waste the money and make it harder for those that want to apply there?</p>

<p>Yeah beatchick ITA, the UCSB campus is not exactly beautiful, but for someone who doesnt live near the ocean it might be a nice change.</p>

<p>I applied as a Biology major to UCB, UCD, UCSD, and UCLA.</p>

<p>1) UCB
2) UCLA
3) UCSD
4) UCD</p>

<p>I didn't apply to any CSUs because I'm guaranteed into Davis because of ELC status—which makes me feel a bit at ease. I'm not expecting to get into Cal or UCLA, but hey, a girl can dream, right?</p>

<p>ELC candidates are really the ED admits for UCs. Over 14,000 ELC statewide take up guaranteed spots at the top UCs, and account for a substantial fraction of the overall admits.</p>

<p>^The top UCs (UCB, UCLA, UCSD) are not included in the ELC guarantee. It isn't really "ED," because you don't have to attend. You can apply (and be accepted to) all five ELC campuses and you have until May 1st to make your decision. You could call it a type of "EA," I suppose.</p>

<p>-.- i was using fee waiver, and i wanna see if i can get in. and i never know if im gonna get rejected from all my schools, so more schools, the better~~
sorries =s~</p>

<p>Oh, I see. I didn't know you were using the fee-waiver, sorry.
Much luck!</p>

<p>The people I know who got ELC were called sometime during the summer, and told which ONE of the UC's they would be guaranteed admission to. I don't think you are guaranteed get into all of the ELC participating schools, just ONE. For example, the fall 2008 admissions rate for Irvine was 95.8%, Davis had 99.3%, Santa Cruz was 99.2%, and Santa Barbara was 98.9%. Unless these ELC kids screwed up and had their applications rescinded, they got into one of the UC's, and when they applied to another, a small number were rejected.</p>

<p>
[quote]
The people I know who got ELC were called sometime during the summer...

[/quote]
</p>

<p>That's awfully strange -- UC does not have the resources to call the top 4% of each high school's class.</p>

<p>
[quote]
I don't think you are guaranteed get into all of the ELC participating schools..

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Why not? The rejections could've have been for cause: 1) said students never took the required tests; 2) said students never completed the a-g requirements (skipping VAPA is a big no-no); 3) said students could have slacked off and failed a required a-g course senior year; 4) said students got senioritis and grades dropped significantly.</p>

<p>@psycheycho - Yes, ELC applicants are guaranteed to all five campuses. If an ELC student applies to all five, they will (assuming completion of A-G and testing) be accepted to all five. This isn’t something I “heard” from a friend, last year I was an ELC applicant and went through the process. There is no summer phone call. The tiny % of rejections are mainly due, as bluebayou says, to not completing testing or A-G requirements. For confirmation, go to this link: University</a> of California - Counselors - the official UC website.</p>

<p>For a complete description of the ELC process from a student's viewpoint, go to this College Confidential thread: <a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/college-admissions/549698-elc-ca-uc-schools.html?highlight=guaranteed%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/college-admissions/549698-elc-ca-uc-schools.html?highlight=guaranteed&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>