Out of state admission stats?

<p>I am familiar with the school's overall admission stats, but was wondering if anyone had info on how those stats are likely to be different for out of state students. My D looks to a good fit for the school, but the small percentage of out of state students at the school has me a little concerned.</p>

<p>I do plan to call the admissions office, but was hoping someone might have some firsthand experience to share. Thx!</p>

<p>I really don’t think it is harder to get into SMCM out state. I believe out of state students make up 15% of the total student population right now. I think it is because this college is little known in Maryland and out of Maryland. I can not tell how many times I have had to explain this college to Maryland residents. I think it would be better to be at the top of those admission stats to get merit aid but other than that it might be good to be out of state applying.</p>

<p>I am a current out-of-state student at SMCM and to be honest I think it might be easier to be accepted if you are out of state. They want to increase diversity and having students from all over the country helps. I fell on the lower end of the stats for this school and was accepted. If you show the school that you are really interested they will be interested in you :)</p>

<p>I am also an out of state resident and having been a vague member of the admission’s process, I would say I wouldn’t be all that hesitant to say that it is easier to get in when you are out of state.</p>

<p>Yes, I do think they are trying to increase their out of state population.</p>