P/NP English 1A (1st College Level English) for UCLA or UCB?

<p>I am a high school student (11th grade) currently enrolled in both English 1A and Math 5A (Calc I) at my local community colleges. I enjoy calculus, however I plan to go nowhere near the subject of english with my major (likely Econ/Math). My English 1A teacher grades completely on essays and does not like my deep writing style. After the first essay (a B) it seems like an A will be difficult, as Eng is not my best subject and writing essays is not a great skill of mine. If I switch to a P/NP grading basis, will the units still be accepted by these high ranking UC’s? If the answer is no, will beginning college with a 3.5 cause any harm whatsoever (I don’t think that GPA will transfer to UC’s either)? Is this a good or a bad thought overall?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Are you planning on applying to UCs straight from HS or attending college after graduating from HS and then transferring to a UC?</p>

<p>I ask because if the former, college classes taken during HS don’t affect your application status and you would be applying as a fr, not a transfer.</p>

<p>I will try to apply as a freshman, but I am taking as many AP and CC courses as possible to finish around 1.5 years now in HS. I have As in all but Eng 1A.</p>

<p>This year I have
AP Econ Mic/Mac
Calc 1 & 2 at CC
AP Biology
Eng 1A & 1B at CC
Spanish 3
Bible Class</p>

<p>Then you’re not a transfer student and your thread doesn’t belong on this forum.</p>

<p>Moving thread.</p>