Parents of the HS Class of 2010 and college years beyond (Part 1)

<p>Okay you guys need to stop posting when I leave. It’s too hard to keep up.</p>

<p>Congratulations to zoosermom and CD on the IB diplomas!</p>

<p>We also have not paid to find out AP scores. </p>

<p>Welcome Bonnie and WP.</p>

<p>I love seeing all the Red Sox fans here. I knew I liked you guys. My H is from a Boston suburb and is a fanatic. We have a room in our house that has the front pages from the Globe (just copies, not originals) of the World Series wins. We also have the Patriots up there, as well as the Celtics.</p>

<p>CD:</p>

<p>Count me among the Giants faithful… Go Giants (especially Timmy and Buster)!!!</p>

<p>AP scores arrived in the mail today. DD will start school with a semester’s worth of credit (yea!!!)</p>

<p>Thanks for the hugs, all. In a way, I think it’s probably a good thing to miss some of the “festivities.” For some reason, I think it would create a heightened sense of doom as the hours and programs wore on, as I checked my watch every 15 minutes, just waiting for 6:30. The Time of Separation. By leaving before then, we’ll just be busy getting him moved in, having lunch and making a last-minute run to Target, and then we’ll be off. Could be a good thing. But alice, I will definitely take you up on the offer of snagging any paper work that gets passed out.</p>

<p>Congrats to the IBers!!! That’s wonderful news. And not enough interest in AP scores to spend money on them. Ds is limited by how many classes he can place out of, and, technically, he’s already hit that. Now, it’s a matter of just picking and choosing which scores he wants to use.</p>

<p>So happy to see all the baseball fans here. But what? I’m the only Rangers fan? Now, that’s a shocker. :wink: All you Yankees fans should at least give us a nod as you snatch up all our best players. Harumph.</p>

<p>Just wanted to add congrats to Zoosermom’s daughter too. </p>

<p>Son has been dealing with Tuft’s housing today. They aren’t very accomodating. (Four kids would like to room together, but they only accomodate pairs - though they do have suites of four for freshmen.</p>

<p>I wonder when S will find out his housing assignment? He has had 4 years of good roommate experiences, I hope the trend continues.</p>

<p>S is home safe and sound! Looking forward to the funny stories!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Okay now don’t laugh, but I was actually thinking about taking S’s old guard rail, somehow making it taller, covering it in fabric and letting him use it for some privacy/light control while sleeping. I have really gone off the deep end!</p>

<p>Sadly, I only have one month left of American Legion Baseball and that will be the end of sitting in the stands with my parent friends of many, many years. </p>

<p>(season ticket holder of MN Twins)</p>

<p>Kajon, we’re going to a Twins-Ranger game in September when we take ds to college!</p>

<p>You will LOVE our new ball field!</p>

<p>The lofted beds at the dorm we moved dd into last weekend at Lafayette had a guard rail! Put a smile on my face.</p>

<p>YDS - BTW - Thanks for the relief pitcher and prospect… and for taking Bengie off our hands… He’ll do fine for you guys but he was in the way of our best prospect out here…</p>

<p>I return you now to our normal pre college stressful programming</p>

<p>Bucky Dent is my one free pass from hubby. (The one person you can, you know, if the chance ever arises.) My son does not know about my fondness for Mr. Dent.</p>

<p>Ds is so excited. We plan on taking the light rail in from south of Mall of America. Our seats are pretty out there, but it was the only section available for three people when we ordered weeks ago!</p>

<p>FYI, I know a guy who fell out of his top bunk and suffered a major injury, requiring hospitalization and surgery. What I don’t know is what caused his fall. I figured the fewer questions asked the better.</p>

<p>My cousin is in the IB program, and it has just about killed him! One more year of high school and then he is through - fingers crossed for scores today.</p>

<p>On another note, ragdoll cats are DARLING. I’m jealous. ; )</p>

<p>Forgot to add myself to the group who saw Toy Story 3 and cried my eyes out. It was touching and relatable. I started crying from the ‘hand-holding scene’ until the end. My expectations were fulfilled by Pixar. It is funny and endearing that many of my friends and I have grown up with Toy Story.</p>

<p>Toy Story - age 3
Toy Story 2 - age 6
Toy Story 3 - age 17</p>

<p>:cool::cool::cool:</p>

<p>Hey ya’ll- sorry about he BTS acronym! Back to School! :)</p>

<p>Ok, what’s all this about bedbugs??? Is this something new? I had no idea those were still around- sounds very Victorian to me!</p>

<p>The afghan I’m knitting is going so slowly. Hopefully it’ll be done by graduation!</p>

<p>We went to Target to look around, there is SO MUCH STUFF! DH was funny- he was wondering if we were buying notebooks. I said, not it’s for her dorm. He said he thought they provided everything! Right…</p>

<p>I’m sorry, YDS, I’m like you- I hate to miss anything. All I can say is make the most of what you WILL be able to be there for. It’ll be ok! :)</p>

<p>somewhereinga - I have a music/math kid too (but he will major in Engineering). They really do go together. I was floored by the number of math geeks involved in music. At Case, engineering/music is the most common double major. And MIT not only has application supplement rules for performance, but for composing too (lol - I thought my guy has a unusual composing hobby). </p>

<p>As of this morning only some of my son’s IB scores were online. He did great so far, which is nice since the school we picked is one of the few that gives credt.</p>

<p>Re: Bedbugs - I didn’t even think about them until I read about them here. </p>

<p>Guard rails - that would make my day. Somehow I doubt that they’ll bunk their beds. Kind of intrusive, I think. We’ll see. 7 weeks to go . . .</p>

<p>Congrats to those that survived the IB Diploma:) And Congrats RobD on your new kitty!</p>

<p>I’m in a mixed Yankee/Red Sox marriage - my Yankee loving fanatic husband against my Red Sox loving son and myself. We fortunately say each snide remark with love :slight_smile: Of course he says he would be happy to wear a Red Sox jersey for us - if it’s Bill Buckner’s - sigh, I love him anyway :slight_smile: We agree on football though so not every season is a battle :)</p>

<p>I took stoke in my BBB coupons today and I think I saw a golden ticket! And I know they accept expired ones but this one is from 2004… :)</p>