Parents weekend recommendations with 3 younger siblings

<p>We have our hotel set for parents weekend but we need your advice on a plan for bringing our 3 younger children. We have a daughter that will be a sophomore, a son that will be a freshman and a son that will be a 4th grader.
None of them have ever been to a college football game- do we save the money and just experience the tailgate atmosphere, buy tickets the day of the game or go through UA parents weekend website?
What other venues would you recommend? The pool party?
We were hoping not to break the bank but also not to make the 9 hour trip and have nothing planned to do. I guess what I am asking is if you did not have an unlimited budget what would be the best things to purchase tickets for or activities to do during parents weekend.</p>

<p>If you’ll need 5 seats together, I don’t know if you’ll want to wait til the day of the game. However, if you don’t mind not all sitting together you could wait and buy that day from the “legal scalpers” that walk around the quad selling tix. </p>

<p>I don’t think you should miss the game experience.</p>

<p>I agree with m2ck – I personally would buy tickets outside of parents weekend program…</p>

<p>Either day of game or from individuals (season ticket holders) or on-line, again from individual season ticket holders (carefully). </p>

<p>I’ve never found tickets from scalpers to be a bargain. </p>

<p>I also have a family of 5, and while I have been lucky and found 5 together, I usually go 3 and 2, close together.</p>

<p>Many season ticket holders (we let ours go, but are on the loooong list to get back on) would rather sell (or give) you a ticket rather than sell for next to nothing to a scalper.</p>

<p>RTR</p>

<p>We’ve always had good luck purchasing tickets through StubHub.com. It allows you the flexibility of selecting the section and location of your seats…we like our seats together and on the aisle…works well for us.</p>

<p>Also, be aware that your 6th family member (your Bama kid) will be sitting in the student section unless your student doesn’t have/get a ticket for that game. If your student will need a ticket, then you’ll need 6 tickets…and then your child can sit with you.</p>

<p>Does your child have a tix for that game?</p>

<p>My daughter does not have a ticket- that was a huge decision…Auburn game or home for Thanksgiving! So yes we will need 6 tickets. She is still doubting her decision :slight_smile:
Would you also recommend purchasing this for the 5 of us ----- Family Weekend packages can be purchased for $45 per package. A package includes admission for one person to participate in the Beach Bash, the Family Weekend Tailgate, and the Student Affairs Expo & Jazz Brunch.</p>

<p>We have very much enjoyed the Family Weekend pkg events. </p>

<p>However, what do you plan to do for your D? Will she try to get a donated tix to sit in the student section? If you want her to sit with you, then you might have to buy her a FW pkg as well, since that allows you to buy football tix for the FW area of the stadium.</p>

<p>I might not understand this correctly. I thought if I purchased FW pkg my D was included in all the events (not the game) without having to buy her a pkg. I know I would have to buy her a football ticket but could I then do that from stub hub or a legal scalper? Does it mean that if I do not buy my daughter a FW pkg then i am not able to get her a football ticket if we decide to purchase them from the UA Family weekend website?</p>

<p>I copied this from the UA website:
Family Weekend packages can be purchased for $45 per package. A package includes admission for one person to participate in the Beach Bash, the Family Weekend Tailgate, and the Student Affairs Expo & Jazz Brunch. The purchase of a Family Weekend package also includes tickets for your UA student(s) for the Beach Bash, the Family Weekend Tailgate, and the Student Affairs Expo & Jazz Brunch. Note that if you would like to attend the Family Weekend Tailgate, you must purchase a Family Weekend package. A package purchase is required for eligibility to purchase football tickets as well. You may purchase one football ticket per package, while supplies last.</p>