Parking permit for short period?

<p>Hi All! I’ll be driving down late Thursday night, crashing in the dorm and moving D out Friday morning. What are my parking options? Can D pick me up a parking pass for a 24 hour period (I thought I remembered somebody saying they purchased a $5 hang tag.)
If so, where does she go & where does that let me park?

<p>I just did this last Wednesday and Thursday. You go to Student Services Room 103. It is located on bottom floor across from Ferg. All 30 minute slots were taken in the Ferg lot, so I just grabbed a regular slot and ran across the street to the transportation office to get my permit. They have to see your driver’s license, so not sure that your D can pick it up for you. It is $5 a day and they give you a hang tag that you scratch off the date each day. With the hang tag you can park in any unmarked slot on campus, but not in the garages.</p>

<p>After I hung my tag I walked to my D’s dorm and we did everything else using her car. When it came time to load my car, I walked to the ferg, got my car ad drove up to her dorm and loaded up. There is a lot behind Paty that you can park in as well, but we just decided to leave my car at the Ferg lot. Hope this helps!</p>

<p>I just saw that you are arriving late on Thursday night so you won’t need a permit for that day. Transportation will not be open if you arrive late. Depending on how long you will be there on Friday, you may be able to park in the Ferg lot without a permit. They were ticketing like crazy last week but many kids will be cleared out by Friday. Your first ticket is also waived, so you might be ok without a permit.</p>

<p>Thanks Peachtide. I wonder if D could just show her drivers license. Hmmm.</p>

<p>I won’t be getting to campus till about 9-10 pm. Are you saying the best place to park is the flat lot to the left of the Ferg? I’m meeting some people for coffee Friday am, so I can get there early and get the permit Friday morning then run & put in on the car. </p>

<p>Appreciate the tip!</p>

<p>You can call the number listed on the parking website and ask them if your daughter can get the permit. That’s what I did. Yes, the large lot left of the Ferg is the one I am talking about. Have a great trip!</p>

<p>I don’t think parking regulations are in affect past 6 or 7 pm. And I doubt seriously they’ll be ticketing on Friday morning when many kids will have left already and they know parents are coming to help move out their kids. I honestly wouldn’t worry about getting a pass.</p>

<p>i would think that parking regulations might be a little lax since it is move out time.</p>