Paying full tuition for college

<p>i got into ucd, uci, ucsb and ucsd
i was hoping to make my decision upon whichever school gave my the best scholarship. but as of right now i dont think any of them gave me anything. i was under the impression that a lot of people dont pay the full college tuition amount and thats the reason why i was expecting to get something. also i didnt apply for the fasfa because im sure that i wouldnt qualify for financial aid.
this sucks.</p>

<p>oh and why did we apply for those scholarships on the uc application? when do those decisions come out? do they mail them to you?</p>

<p>PB</p>

<p>It was my understanding that the UCs mainly gives out need based aid (determined by filling out the FAFSA). There are a couple of merit scholarships like Regents, Alumni and a few others, but those are used to attract highly qualified students.</p>

<p>If you check the financial aid section online, it should list any scholarship offers. My son received Regents at UCI and he was notified snail mail in late Feb or early March. He also received several scholarships from UCD and that was noted online and via snail mail (early April).</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>