pickup basketball on campus

<p>hey guys how are the pickup games at blacksburg? Do people play often and what are the most popular times and places to play at tech? I love playing basketball and i hope they have really good games there.</p>

<p>There are courts at the gym and some outside. The most popular outside ones are in the quad next to Pritchard. There was pretty much always a game going on as long as the weather was halfway decent.</p>

<p>You could also play at War Memorial Gym or McComas gym.
You can usually play more games at war because it has 6 courts and McComas only have 2 courts; but there are air conditioner at McComas.</p>

<p>Im ready to play some pick up ball! When I went to the accepted VT students session thing sometime during march-April, I checked out the gym and the bball courts were full!</p>

<p>Should I bring my own basketball or do they have enough at the courts?</p>

<p>i was wondering the same thing. Do they provide basketballs at the gym or should i just order one. Also how is the competition. Are people really talented or is it just typical pickup ball?</p>

<p>I think you have to bring your own but honestly I don’t remember. Competition varies quite a bit; just grab some guys from your hall and roam around until you find any empty court.</p>

<p>I went to mccomas hall weight room yesterday and I noticed a sign saying that everybody needed to have a towel with. Do they provide towels or do we have to bring our own? Do we just bring a regular bath towel?</p>

<p>I think you can rent one for a little money but you should bring your own. A small bathtowel will do. It’s just something to put between yourself and the equipment and to wipe down the equipment with.</p>